I've never been to Scotland, but would love to go. God damn Islay whiskys are so delicious. Supposedly, I own a square foot or yard or something of the moors where Laphroaig get their peat and if I ever go there, they're supposed to give me waders and a hip flask so I can wade out there and have a nip. Too bad I'm a teetotal now.

I had a girlfriend in the Netherlands for a while, so been there a whole bunch, although that was nearly 20 years ago now. I miss french fries with satay sauce and mayonnaise 🍟

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: FETCHER. on Jun 28, 2023, 08:43 PMHey! Thanks for adding me. I'm looking forward to exploring the new place :) it seems much more mobile friendly already.

FETCHER !! Great to see you here! :banana:

Later on, I hope we can swap confessions once more about how much we should be exercising, but aren't. ;)

What you desire is of lesser value than what you have found.

Quote from: Guybrush on Jun 29, 2023, 01:06 AMI've never been to Scotland, but would love to go. God damn Islay whiskys are so delicious. Supposedly, I own a square foot or yard or something of the moors where Laphroaig get their peat and if I ever go there, they're supposed to give me waders and a hip flask so I can wade out there and have a nip. Too bad I'm a teetotal now.

I had a girlfriend in the Netherlands for a while, so been there a whole bunch, although that was nearly 20 years ago now. I miss french fries with satay sauce and mayonnaise 🍟

I'd say whisky is rubbish anyway, I have enjoyed a dram now and then for some special occasions but there is tons of other stuff to see and do.

You should still visit the moors, that would be pretty cool to see where your plot is. Years ago lots of castles and estates sold off the 1 square foot of land to raise funds to restore their castles and lands around it in exchange for a lord/lady title.

Quote from: Lisnaholic on Jun 29, 2023, 02:14 AMFETCHER !! Great to see you here! :banana:

Later on, I hope we can swap confessions once more about how much we should be exercising, but aren't. ;)

Hey Lisna! Yeah we definitely will, it comes in peaks and troughs  :laughing:

#213 Jul 22, 2023, 12:12 PM Last Edit: Jul 22, 2023, 12:25 PM by Dirty
Former MB member from like 10 years ago.  My main interests are punk rock/emo music, NBA and NFL, and US politics.

Quote from: Dirty on Jul 22, 2023, 12:12 PMFormer MB member from like 10 years ago.  My main interests are punk rock/emo music, NBA and NFL, and US politics.

Hey, Dirty! I remember you 🙂 I was Toretorden on MB when you were around. Welcome to our new forum!

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Dirty on Jul 22, 2023, 12:12 PMFormer MB member from like 10 years ago.  My main interests are punk rock/emo music, NBA and NFL, and US politics.

Pleased to make your acquaintance! I also love emo and punk, some of my favorite music of all time is in those genres. Anyway, a very warm welcome to you!

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Oh dear god no

a particle; a fragment of totality

Welcome!

You think the Chiefs will go back to the Super Bowl this year?

Who do you predict will win the AFC East?

You naïve little lambs, you know not what you welcome here

a particle; a fragment of totality

Quote from: degrassi.knoll on Jul 22, 2023, 06:16 PMYou naïve little lambs, you know not what you welcome here

I remember him by username and I know he was banned from MB at some point. But I like to welcome everyone warmly and get to know them for myself.

Quote from: degrassi.knoll on Jul 22, 2023, 06:16 PMYou naïve little lambs, you know not what you welcome here

Let me see his NFL predictions first before I pass judgement.

Quote from: FETCHER. on Jun 29, 2023, 12:58 AMI'm desperate to visit your country (The Netherlands?) but it's just never happened yet.

let me know when you do and I'll see if I have tips!
@Guybrush I'm glad you appreciate the Dutch shenanigans with chips/fries

Quote from: Guybrush on Jul 22, 2023, 03:52 PMHey, Dirty! I remember you 🙂 I was Toretorden on MB when you were around. Welcome to our new forum!

Can't say I remember the name but even if I did, there's very little I remember about most members. Thanks for the welcoming words.

Quote from: SGR on Jul 22, 2023, 06:14 PMWelcome!

You think the Chiefs will go back to the Super Bowl this year?

Who do you predict will win the AFC East?

It feels silly at this point to ever doubt Mahomes and Reid.. Being said, my dark horse pick I'm riding on is Seattle. I think last year exposed how Russ was actually holding them back, and Pete is a better coach than he got credit for. Plus I think they got better this off-season, and have an amazing home field advantage. I dunno, I'm rocking with it. I'm an ATL fan and excited for this season too... Hated them drafting Bijan but they are truly zagging with their offensive approach and I'm ready to see what happens. That division is pure anus.

I'll take Bills in the east. Jets are being overvalued imo because of Rodgers and I don't trust Tua to not get concussed.

You sports gamble at all?

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Jul 22, 2023, 04:49 PMPleased to make your acquaintance! I also love emo and punk, some of my favorite music of all time is in those genres. Anyway, a very warm welcome to you!

Likewise. Who's your favorite bands? My GOAT is Alkaline Trio but here's a playlist I made to listen to in the car to give a view of my tastes

Spotify playlist

Quote from: Dirty on Jul 23, 2023, 10:40 PMLikewise. Who's your favorite bands? My GOAT is Alkaline Trio but here's a playlist I made to listen to in the car to give a view of my tastes

Spotify playlist

Ah, nice! We actually just saw Alkaline Trio in Chicago last month opening for Fall Out Boy. Your playlist has a lot of bands I like, especially The Wonder Years (who I saw last year playing my two favorite albums of theirs in full), The Get Up Kids, Turnover, great stuff.

Some of my favorite bands that fall under the admittedly blurry umbrella of emo (I guess most of it you could call post-hardcore or pop punk) would be Silverstein, The Used, My Chemical Romance, Senses Fail, Armor for Sleep, Motion City Soundtrack, Saosin, Four Year Strong, lots of others. I was definitely what you would call a scene kid in high school and a lot of my taste as a young teenager was informed by that 2000s wave. Still have a ton of nostalgia for that sound and era.

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Jul 23, 2023, 10:56 PMAh, nice! We actually just saw Alkaline Trio in Chicago last month opening for Fall Out Boy. Your playlist has a lot of bands I like, especially The Wonder Years (who I saw last year playing my two favorite albums of theirs in full), The Get Up Kids, Turnover, great stuff.

Some of my favorite bands that fall under the admittedly blurry umbrella of emo (I guess most of it you could call post-hardcore or pop punk) would be Silverstein, The Used, My Chemical Romance, Senses Fail, Armor for Sleep, Motion City Soundtrack, Saosin, Four Year Strong, lots of others. I was definitely what you would call a scene kid in high school and a lot of my taste as a young teenager was informed by that 2000s wave. Still have a ton of nostalgia for that sound and era.

Thanks for rubbing it in! I've never seen Wonder Years or Alkaline Trio. They're pretty much the only bands I'd die to see but haven't. No Closer To Heaven is probably my favorite album ever.

Your music taste rules and I'm guessing we're roughly the same age. I have major nostalgia for The Used in particular. Them, TBS and Brand New were my must-listens in high school. I was into all those bands you listed at varying degrees. I always weirdly resented how MCR was the face of that style of music around that time tho so I've always kinda sipped the Haterade on them.

I did a little art project in my man cave last year that was a really fun experience. You may recognize most of these albums in the frames