Joe Bennett and the Sparkletones - Black Slacks

#16 Apr 06, 2024, 04:34 PM Last Edit: Apr 06, 2024, 05:59 PM by Lisnaholic
Quote from: DJChameleon on Apr 06, 2024, 10:31 AMI used to use this song as a pick up line.

"Any more room for me in those jeans?"

^ :laughing: total, genuine laugh-out-loud type LOL. Sounds like you were a real smooth operator, DJ !

In terms of music, two of my favourites so far are Janszoon's wonderful discovery from who-knows-where: Manassa With The Tight Foot Pants, and Psy-Fi's High-Heel Sneakers

EDIT: Just remembered this song:-

I wonder if you were using lines from this song too, in your young stallion days, DJ ;)

What you desire is of lesser value than what you have found.

The late, great, Jeff Beck covering a tune by the late, great, Charles Mingus...

Jeff Beck - Goodbye Pork Pie Hat

Quote from: Lisnaholic on Apr 06, 2024, 04:34 PMJust remembered this song:-

I wonder if you were using lines from this song too, in your young stallion days, DJ ;)

That song was huge in the 90s when I was a little kid. Though unfortunately these days it seems Right Said Fred are more like Far Right Said Fred.  :o

https://www.nme.com/news/music/right-said-fred-promoted-a-white-supremacy-livestream-hosted-by-neo-nazi-3139172

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Dorothy Dandridge & Paul White - A Zoot Suit (with a A Reet Pleat)

#20 Apr 07, 2024, 03:40 PM Last Edit: Apr 07, 2024, 03:45 PM by Lisnaholic
^ That's a great clip, Psy-Fi  :thumb:
It must be the most on-topic song so far, with all those tailoring/dressmaking details, and I love how we get to see the clothes they are singing about.

Quote from: Lexi Darling on Apr 06, 2024, 06:56 PMFar Right Said Fred.

:laughing:

Here's a song that I'm spoilering because it's so cringey on top of cringey:-

Spoiler
[close]

What you desire is of lesser value than what you have found.

Quote from: Lisnaholic on Apr 06, 2024, 04:34 PM^ :laughing: total, genuine laugh-out-loud type LOL. Sounds like you were a real smooth operator, DJ !

In terms of music, two of my favourites so far are Janszoon's wonderful discovery from who-knows-where: Manassa With The Tight Foot Pants, and Psy-Fi's High-Heel Sneakers

EDIT: Just remembered this song:-

I was too young when that came out and was more focused on catching the next episode of DragonBall Z but if I was in college when it came out. I might have used it. Or tweak it a bit to fit my style.

I was this cool the whole time.