Well, I didn't have it. I mean, those are bouquets I bought and then trimmed and de-leafed (?) and arranged in the vases. I just work with what I got. Usually there are a good few left over, and also last week's ones are not yet dead but there's no room for them, so I drop them in next door to my neighbour, who appreciates them. She was an old friend of my ma's, and she's a nice lady, so I manage to both brighten up two women's day while also keeping the "old" flowers alive for a few more days. Win/win.

That's great, TH :) your kindness is inspiring, as is your love of flowers.

By the way, there's mothers day today and then Valentine's Day in a couple of days.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Yup. Mother's Day in Ireland is different; it's not till about the middle of March. That will necessitate a trip up to the cemetery.

Lovely that you share the flowers with your mom's friend, TH.  I think your mom would definitely approve and be very pleased and proud of you.  <3

Guy, I hope your wife has a very happy Morsdag!   :love:

Hey, congrats, Ribbons. You just made Full Member. :)

The Word has spoken :D

Thanks, RS!  I've arrived.  :laughing:
And nice to be here with all of you.

Quote from: ribbons on Feb 12, 2023, 05:58 PMGuy, I hope your wife has a very happy Morsdag! :love:

Thanks ribs :) I think she does. I made drawings for her with the kids and she got some nice bath bombs and some time to herself.

Hope you have a nice mother's day too!

^ That's great, Tore - I'm sure she'll treasure the kids' drawings, and who doesn't enjoy bath bombs and time alone now and then.  :)

Thanks so much for the kind mother's day wishes - I'll hold on to them for mid-May (our mother's day here in the U.S.).   

Karen's Valentine's Day flowers: twelve red roses for the thorn in my side!  :laughing:

Very pretty roses, TH.  You're the king of brothers for sure. 

Commendable TH :) And very pretty roses.

I also got my wife red roses for Valentine's day. She gave me some expensive-ish caramels. So romantic :love:

That's lovely, Tore - I'm sure your wife loves those roses and you the caramels.   :love:

I was very grateful to receive a beautiful floral arrangement from my daughter and my son surprised with tickets to a George Harrison/"Concert For Bangladesh" tribute concert (we're going together). 

And as usual, I gave both of them gift certificates (how imaginative of me) and very mushy notes in their Valentine's cards.   :love:

Karen's room today

That's lovely, Trolls :)

Is that you in the photo in the left, Trolls?

Looks like a lovely photo of the Queen in the centre, too  :)

Only God knows.