QuoteJust out of curiosity, in what classes are they teaching kids about the family unit at all? I went through social studies classes and biology classes all through kindergarten, elementary, etc. and I just picked up on the idea of family structure through cultural osmosis.

where i live you can put you heterosexual wedding pictures up on your desk but can be fired for putting gay wedding pictures up

that's teaching kids, grooming them by right wing terminology, into heterosexuality

"cultural osmosis" is bigoted and exclusionary

I've yet to see any LGBT organization or respected figure talking about how pedophilia should be added to LGBT. Of course everyone has a megaphone, which is the exact reason that we need to differentiate between a reputable person working for a cause and a troll trying to smear the cause. It's true that a lot of people can't tell the difference and it's a tragedy.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

QuoteAnd either way the actual LGBT community denounces pedophilia.

for sure, imo lgbt are actually overly zealous about it

#168 May 16, 2023, 09:53 PM Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 09:58 PM by Nimbly9
Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on May 16, 2023, 09:34 PMI'm not necessarily talking about giving kids a "family and gender 101" lesson, I'm talking about the article TR posted where a teacher showed a film featuring an openly gay character and was reported for it. You think they would do that for a movie featuring a cishet couple?

Only if there was actual sexual content. Otherwise, no.  I never saw Strange World, but I would wager a guess it doesn't have anything other than maybe a kissing scene somewhere (at most).

I read a few other sources about what the school board mom said in regards to the movie being banned.  She's a hypocrite and an idiot.

Quote from: Toy Revolver on May 16, 2023, 09:40 PMnot even ted bundy if he never acted on it

If you were Ted Bundy's therapist and he told you he was feeling some "urges" to do very bad things, would you tell anyone about them or would you wait to see what he did later on?

QuoteIf you were Ted Bundy's therapist and he told you he was feeling some "urges" to do very bad things, would you tell anyone about them or would you wait to see what he did later on?

I wouldn't violate his confidentiality period.

QuotePlanned Parenthood immediately started canceling gender-affirming care appointments after the bill was signed

god forbid the medical community actually live up to their responsibilities in the face of adversity- fucking bitch ass cowards

Rumor has it that DeSantis will throw his hat into the ring for the 2024 Presidential race next week.

Does he know something we don't know, in regards to possible legal action against Trump? If that's not the case, I don't understand what the point of him running is. Trump is just going to run roughshod over him and make him look like more of a dork than he already looks. Is running 'to the right' of Trump really the best strategy here?

DeSantis is angling to run to the right of Trump on abortion, guns and more

fun fact: if you rearrange the letters in "desantis" you get "deis nats" which sounds very similar to the things he can lick

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

some things are starting to point to trolls being right that disney might leave florida

south carolina is making bids for it

slightly related

https://www.cbsnews.com/miami/news/disney-scraps-plans-for-new-florida-campus/

QuoteDisney on Thursday upped the ante in its battle with Florida's Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis, and it cost his state 2,000 white-collar jobs.

Disney is scrapping plans to build a $1 billion office complex in Florida, citing "changing business conditions," according to a memo provided by a Disney spokesperson.

I saw some MSNBC thing that said that campus project was basically in limbo for the past few years. I'm all for Disney creating good jobs...assuming they were actually going to do it in the first place.

I think at this point they'd be better off setting up camp in another state anyway. They'll get a better deal than anything they've ever had in the sunshine state.

Quote from: Nimbly9 on May 19, 2023, 03:03 PMI saw some MSNBC thing that said that campus project was basically in limbo for the past few years. I'm all for Disney creating good jobs...assuming they were actually going to do it in the first place.

I think at this point they'd be better off setting up camp in another state anyway. They'll get a better deal than anything they've ever had in the sunshine state.

yeah but those states are bobo

we're florida

Quote from: Toy Revolver on May 19, 2023, 03:41 PMyeah but those states are bobo

we're florida

Look at the bright side - maybe Ohio will give them some kind of special sovereignty and then you'll actually have a reason to visit Akron.  ;D

Quote from: Nimbly9 on May 19, 2023, 03:45 PMLook at the bright side - maybe Ohio will give them some kind of special sovereignty and then you'll actually have a reason to visit Akron.  ;D

gross

Big problem for Disney is the only states that would take in Disney are the blue ones and most of them have winters. The one state that is warm is California and they have Disneyland there already. I suppose they could set up some winter wonderland in the Mid-Atlantic someplace (Are you listening, Maryland?)

The Word has spoken :D