Should we get our own SCD discord chatroom?

Yes
1 (33.3%)
No
2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: May 13, 2023, 01:11 AM

One of the pros of the Discord server is that there will be no lurking so it could be more personal. You can control who can see it, with the MB one it was public so anyone could get the link and join, I was thinking of making this one private and if members want to join then they can get the link off the admin or me. You can also time the invites so they become invalid after a while. If you guys think public would be better then I'm ok with the also. Just an idea.

Decrease in forum activity has been mentioned. I can see the logic but I dunno if it would cause a decline.

Only God knows.

Speaking for myself, all I want from this is an old school forum experience. Pre-social media, pre-skype, before hate speech became a social taboo, that kind of thing   

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

I love the idea of an old style forum experience too, but I am not with you on the hate speech. We can preserve the good things about that experience without the bad.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on May 07, 2023, 12:56 AMI love the idea of an old style forum experience too, but I am not with you on the hate speech. We can preserve the good things about that experience without the bad.

Same. I don't understand why anyone would want that.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

I was mostly joking yet the sheer meanness of the early internet (esp before most members of society knew what a "troll" was or have developed the defensive reflexes that come with years of being on social media) was a thing of beauty. Can't be recaptured today (I tried in my earlier days on MB, didn't feel right) 

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

So? Voice chat tonight?

Quote from: degrassi.knoll on Jul 08, 2023, 12:08 AMSo? Voice chat tonight?

I'd love to if I weren't sharing a room with my kid in a cabin in Denmark.

Definitely up for it some other time 🙂

Happiness is a warm manatee

I can't tonight, dinner's on for 6:30, the mister and I have our weekly check-in meeting at 8 and after that my presence has been requested for movie night.

I'd also love to voice chat with you all sometime though!

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards