Jan 19, 2024, 11:48 PM Last Edit: Jan 20, 2024, 12:53 AM by Guybrush
Heyo!

There was some demand for a shoutbox, so I've gone ahead and implemented one. Now it's time to test it.

I think it should be visible to regular members of our forums. Try it out and let me know what you think.

BTW, there's an update button, but I think it should update every 8 seconds on default (bit slow, but reduces load).

edit:

It broke the forum a little. I may give it another shot, but it looks dicey.

Happiness is a warm manatee

The forum started to look weird and it seemed as if it was generally interfering with stuff in weird ways.

I assume the reason is we're not running a compatible version of the forum software as last update to this shoutbox, the first in a few years, I believe, happened in december.

We're not running latest version at the moment because it creates problems with the theme we have running. I've reached out to its author and asked him for an update, so hoping that happens. If push comes to shove, perhaps it's possible to figure out how to rewrite some of this code or get help from the SMF community.

Either way, I don't think that shoutbox should come back until we're running a the latest version of the forum software (we're 1 version behind).

Happiness is a warm manatee