20k posts.

70 members.

Think it's been a decent first year. How much do you think SCD can progress in 2024?

Anything you would change or bring in?

Just thought I'd post this to reflect on the first year of SCD.

Only God knows.

I think we have built a lovely little community here.

I joined this community because I had a desire to socialize in a more chill environment without the hustle and bustle of social media. For something that encourages us to use our real identities, social media ironically feels so very impersonal and alienating. So I really appreciate the more closely knit community here. It's been pretty quiet lately, but I'm sure it'll pick up after the holidays.

I'm so grateful to have this place and you all, and I want to try to help make 2024 a great year for SCD!

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Thanks guys 🙂

I think it very quickly surpassed all our expectations and in a good way. I love our little community and much prefer forums to Facebook or other social media.

Something I've thought about bringing up for 2024 was meeting up on a zoom meet or perhaps some other platform. I believe there was an MB cafe or meetups on Discord or something on MB? I never did that, but it might be awkward, fun and nice?

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Guybrush on Dec 31, 2023, 02:13 AMThanks guys 🙂

I think it very quickly surpassed all our expectations and in a good way. I love our little community and much prefer forums to Facebook or other social media.

Something I've thought about bringing up for 2024 was meeting up on a zoom meet or perhaps some other platform. I believe there was an MB cafe or meetups on Discord or something on MB? I never did that, but it might be awkward, fun and nice?

I would love that! I've had a couple voice chats on the MB discord that were quite lovely, so it definitely would be fun to start something regular like that.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Guybrush on Dec 31, 2023, 02:13 AMThanks guys 🙂

MB cafe was people posting videos of themselves talking, which was kinda fun to see.