On Musicbanter, we used to do various members awards. Would that be fun to do here as well?

Last time on MB was 2016, I believe. There are categories like nicest member, smartest, sexiest, best writer, biggest music nerd etc.

I'm honestly unsure of whether it's a good idea or not as we're quite a bit smaller than MB was all those years ago 🤔

What do you think?

Happiness is a warm manatee

I say yes. Maybe have fewer categories though?

Only God knows.

I think it would be fun! We may be smaller, but I'm sure holding an event like this will drum up excitement and help this place stay active during this busy time of year.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

So I've been thinking about it, and I really want to make this happen.

Just for fun I decided to go to the old MB awards and look at the categories, making a few cuts based on the stuff I don't think really applies. How does this look to you all?

Categories I'd definitely keep:

Best Avatar
Best Writer
Nicest member
Smartest poster
Funniest member
Best Mediator
Biggest Troll
Most Underrated Poster
Best Thread Starter
Most Missed Poster
Thread of the Year
Journal of the Year
Best New Member
Member of the Year

Categories I'd probably dump:
Worst Debater
Best Debater
Biggest Virtuoso
Most Improved Member
Moderator of the Year
Biggest Lounge Lizard
Most amusing Shoutboxer
Biggest Wanna-Be Moderator

Categories I'm on the fence about:
Sexiest Member (female)
Sexiest Member (male)
Most Inane
Angriest Member
Biggest Drama Whore
Most Obscure Music Taste
Best Music Taste
Member You'd Most Like to Meet in Real Life
Member You'd Most Want to Avoid Meeting in Real Life

Do let me know what you think!

I just realized how many categories there were and woof. I agree with Jimmy cutting it down. Maybe only do the top 1/3 section. Everything else can kick rocks for all I care.

I was this cool the whole time.

Wow, great work curating a list of categories, @Mrs. Waffles 🙂 Thanks!

I think the ones you wanna keep are the ones that make most sense. I think we can probably dump the rest.

How about we do votes like the week before New year's and then do the awards on Jan 1st maybe? 🤔

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Guybrush on Dec 04, 2023, 06:46 PMWow, great work curating a list of categories, @Mrs. Waffles 🙂 Thanks!

I think the ones you wanna keep are the ones that make most sense. I think we can probably dump the rest.

How about we do votes like the week before New year's and then do the awards on Jan 1st maybe? 🤔

That sounds good to me! If everyone is cool with using my selections of the categories I think we can be good to go for that week.

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Dec 04, 2023, 01:03 PMCategories I'm on the fence about:
Sexiest Member (female)
Sexiest Member (male)
Most Inane
Angriest Member
Biggest Drama Whore
Most Obscure Music Taste
Best Music Taste
Member You'd Most Like to Meet in Real Life
Member You'd Most Want to Avoid Meeting in Real Life

Y'all are just mad I'd sweep these categories