What should we call the unmoderated forum?

First Amendment Forum
0 (0%)
The Colosseum
1 (7.7%)
Thunderdome
2 (15.4%)
The Dog Pound
1 (7.7%)
The Nine Circles of Hell
2 (15.4%)
Tartarus
0 (0%)
Ass Pirates
0 (0%)
The Fight Club
1 (7.7%)
Event Horizon
3 (23.1%)
The Black Hole
2 (15.4%)
The Troll Cave
1 (7.7%)
Dante's Bar
0 (0%)
The Octagon
2 (15.4%)
The Unmoderated Free-Speech Forum
1 (7.7%)
The Shitbox
2 (15.4%)
Edgelord Playpen
2 (15.4%)
Unmoderated
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

I wonder if this will turn out to be the thread that baits Batlord and brings him aboard?

Quote from: Guybrush on Oct 08, 2023, 10:47 AMOr go all out and just call it The Nine Circles of Hell and residents can be Demons 👹

I like this name suggestion. Or the residents could be called denizens.

Quote from: degrassi.knoll on Oct 07, 2023, 10:08 PMAnd consider abstaining from the vote as well. Funny how those against the idea are those who wouldn't participate anyway.

It's easy to see what a shit show it can become but if the majority want it then so be it. It's not like I will have to clean up the eventual mess/shit show that it will become.

I was this cool the whole time.

Not sure why you care then

Quote from: Guybrush on Oct 08, 2023, 07:33 AMIf it's not just Unmoderated, how about The Troll Cave? And its residents could be trolls.

My people are not to be made a figure of fun! Do you know what it costs these days to rent a small cramped space under a bridge? And how many times have you been turned to stone? Don't talk about me till you've walked a mile in my shoes!

Actually if you're going for a Nine Circles thing, while not call it Dante's Bar or something?

The Octagon is another possibility 🤔

For all you fighters out there.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Call it the dog pound. Users are bullies.

Quote from: degrassi.knoll on Oct 08, 2023, 05:48 PMCall it the dog pound. Users are bullies.

Nice. I like it.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Probably best to keep it simple and just call it "Unmoderated Forum" so that way from the get-go, people don't stumble in expecting something that's being moderated / being looked at. That's my take. Gets the issue of someone accidentally seeing something they don't want to see less of a chance of happening.

In parenthesis it can have a nickname but I agree with Key

I was this cool the whole time.

so where is it?

"I own the mail" or whatever Elph said

u shud eat like at least two golf ball sized fists of dirt every day RETurn to S  O  I  L!!!1!

"I own the mail" or whatever Elph said

u shud eat like at least two golf ball sized fists of dirt every day RETurn to S  O  I  L!!!1!

#42 Oct 09, 2023, 01:20 AM Last Edit: Oct 09, 2023, 01:32 AM by Lisnaholic
Speaking as someone who would prob never use it, and therefore someone whose opinion shouldn't be accorded much weight, I agree that "Unmoderated" should be right there in the title, so everyone knows what it might contain. There are a sufficient number of cryptic, click-bait titles on the internet as it is and I think it would suit the "newcomers-welcome" style of SDC better if it were clearly labelled.

Although, having said that, I'm assuming that any such thread would be in the "Secret" section, am I right? Otherwise, if literally unmoderated, it might turn into a dumping ground of all the worst things floating around on the internet.

Edit: "The Unmoderated Free-Speech Thread" would explain what it's for without (i) encouraging people to insult each other or (ii) referencing the US constitution.

What you desire is of lesser value than what you have found.

Just call it The Shitbox and have every post in there take one post off their post count.

When you reach zero you get a 6 week time out :)

No one asked me, but I'll throw my 2.3/16 cents worth in, anyway. First off, it's hard to not look like a total wanker and say "Yeah, I've adminned forums", but yeah, I've adminned forums and in my experience:

An unmoderated forum is very much a double edged sword. It's nice to have an opt-in, gloves off, down to the nitty gritty, no pussyfooting (Fripp&Eno)type forum for the "real talk" and all the edgy, tough guy content. Obviously, morons will decide it's a place to post whatever they want and then cry that it got deleted because it was illegal. It can also be a place where members reveal their true selves and give you an idea what they are really like and if you want them on your forum at all in the first place.
I usually think Escape From New York, when I think unmoderated forum. Someone will always walk around looking for a fight and think there will be no consequences. Someone will always post pr0n or gore and think they're cool and edgy and all 2004chan.