Hey guys,

We might have to improve our hosting plan which will make hosting a little more expensive. This would be in order to help ensure that the site stays responsive by getting more hardware resources made available to us.

This would mean upkeep would get a little more expensive. The most reasonable option seems to increase to a 9.99 bucks a month plan and then a domain fee of something like 18 bucks gets added to that for a yearly payment. I'm thinking yearly cost for running this may look something like 140 bucks or so.

I don't mind paying for most of this, but at the same time it might be nice to give people the opportunity to chip in. I'm not thinking mandatory payments, but perhaps opening up for donations. There are many services like patreon, ko-fi, gofundme, etc. that could be used and if someone was competent with graphic design, maybe we could even make some merch or something :laughing:

It is possible to make special membergroups etc. although perhaps people would object to there being an elite class of users. I don't know.

I think it's a difficult question / topic and so would like some feedback. What are you guys' thoughts on this?

Happiness is a warm manatee

This forum has been a very kind and supportive place for me to come to, I really do love the community we've built. I'll definitely pitch in what I can if you set up a donation platform.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

I don't give a toss about special status/member groups type of stuff but I'd be willing to chip in for the cost of keeping this site running smoothly.

I'm catching up on old threads... I didn't realise I had missed so many.

If this is still a thing I'm happy to send a little over each month to contribute 😊

Thanks Fetcher 🙂

I thought we'd have to get more expensive services because the site wasn't always responsive, but I made some changes and it's been running better since.

It doesn't cost a lot to run this place, so I don't think a monthly thing is necessary.

I might ask for some change just to pay the yearly bill which is due around new years, but it'll of course be completely voluntary and I'll set it up in a way so people can see what the target amount is as I wouldn't want people to keep donating after it's been reached, etc.

That's great you got it running well again !

Yeah I would definitely help out, it might not be a huge amount but I'll contribute whatever I can, update us when the times near 😊

Thanks @FETCHER. 🙂 Will do!

Will definitely pitch in around new years :)

"I own the mail" or whatever Elph said

u shud eat like at least two golf ball sized fists of dirt every day RETurn to S  O  I  L!!!1!