Anyone here familiar with the Unarius cult? Some wacky UFO shit from California. They made a bunch of low budget movies in the 70s based off their whole lore, and Mr. W (who loves space and alien conspiracy stuff) and I went down that rabbit hole a couple years ago.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Jan 18, 2024, 04:53 PMAnyone here familiar with the Unarius cult? Some wacky UFO shit from California. They made a bunch of low budget movies in the 70s based off their whole lore, and Mr. W (who loves space and alien conspiracy stuff) and I went down that rabbit hole a couple years ago.

Haha, oh man. That's a lot of colors. I never heard of these guys, but I guess they were fond of LSD?

Thanks for sharing 🙂 looks like a fun, little rabbit hole.

Also sounds like the perfect cult for you guys to entertain yourselves with if they made low budget movies 😄

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Guybrush on Jan 18, 2024, 05:25 PMHaha, oh man. That's a lot of colors. I never heard of these guys, but I guess they were fond of LSD?

Thanks for sharing 🙂 looks like a fun, little rabbit hole.

Also sounds like the perfect cult for you guys to entertain yourselves with if they made low budget movies 😄

You know it haha. There's actually some pretty advanced practical effects (for the 70s) in some of their movies.

And yeah, very colorful. Cults these days probably couldn't get away with being that glam.  :laughing:

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Watching an old Children of God doc on HBO, a cult mentioned on this thread's first page that was rife with child sexual abuse.

Some of the details about its past leader, David Berg, are quite disturbing.

Descriptions of child mental and sexual abuse
One of the women in the documentary, Davida, describes how Berg would have orgies where both adults and children were involved.

She describes how he'd get drunk, then wake his granddaughter to have sex with her. When she was tired and didn't want to, he said she was possessed by demons and needed an exorcism. He then woke Davida to have sex with her instead. When they complained from being tired and didn't want to, they'd get punished by their parents or nannies for not responding appropriately to their leader's demands for sex.
[close]

There were lots of children in the cult due to all the flirty fishing. Women would lure men into the cult by way of having sex with them and would often end up pregnant. Berg seemed to think being pregnant was what women should be doing from the age of 12 or so and up.

Completely gross.. and "The Family" as they call themselves still exist today, though fortunately Berg died in 1994 (good riddance).

Quote from: Psy-Fi on Feb 03, 2024, 03:13 PMOrgasm guru faces years in prison over claims her OneTaste empire was a sex cult :pimp:

"Daedone trademarked the technique, which involved a woman undressing from the waist down then lying on a "nest of pillows" to have her genitals stroked, usually by a man wearing a a latex glove for precisely 15 minutes. Daedone claimed she learned it from a Buddhist monk."

😄