Oct 22, 2023, 07:00 PM Last Edit: Oct 22, 2023, 07:08 PM by Guybrush
Hey there, Holmes!

It's spooky season and I thought it might be interesting to get some spooky threads going. 🎃

The theme of this one is true crime in pictures. So show us who you find creepy or disturbing. I also don't mind crime scene photos, but let's remember to use the spoiler tags if they get grisly.

I'll start with a well known classic, John Wayne Gacy, the American serial killer who raped and murdered at least 33 young men / boys.

He also worked as a clown under the name Pogo.

He used to trick the young boys into playing a game where they tried to get out of handcuffs. He would then rape and torture his victims in various ways until finally killing them, usually by asphyxiation.

He hid most of his victims in a damp crawlspace under his house and used to joke about the stench of death that hung around his place when he had neighbors over on his BBQs.

Skeleton under house
[close]

At the time of his capture, he was America's most prolific serial killer. Some believe that he, like Dean Corll, had one or more young men help him find victims.

You can see more crime scene photos here: https://cvltnation.com/john-wayne-gacy-crime-scene-photos/

Happiness is a warm manatee

Back in the 80's, I went to a book store to see some of Gacy's paintings they had on display when he was still on death row and painting from prison. They were all available to purchase from around $20 to $300 (USD) depending on the size of the painting. I figured they would probably be a good investment but not the type of thing I would ever want to own. The creepy, twisted vibes really jumped out at you when you were standing close to them and looking at them in person.

Haha, yes. I don't think I would've been comfortable with having an original Gacy hanging in our house.

It sounds like the sort of thing John Waters would love. He probably has one.

I think my all-time favorite crime scene photos were all taken by 'Weegee.' I'm also a fan of the film noir movie genre, so his photos are a perfect fit for my artistic tastes...

71 Weegee Murder Stock Photos & High-Res Pictures

Spoiler

"You've lost your job, you've lost your dough,
    Your jewels and cars and handsome houses,
    But things could still be worse you know...
    At least you haven't lost your trousers!"

Jack "Machine Gun Jack" McGurn
[close]

Good call on Ed Gein!

Although that quote isn't actually from Ed Gein (who I doubt had any such ideas about pretty women), but from Ed Kemper I believe.

Calling Ed Gein a serial killer also just barely works as he has two confirmed kills to his name (Mary Hogan and Bernice Worden), but he certainly was twisted.

Gotta love the list of what the police found on his farm.

Quote from: WikipediaA sheriff's deputy[19] discovered Worden's decapitated body in a shed on Gein's property, hung upside down by her legs with a crossbar at her ankles and ropes at her wrists. The torso was "dressed out like a deer".[22][23] She had been shot with a .22-caliber rifle, and the mutilations were made after her death. Searching the house, authorities found:[24]

• Whole human bones and fragments[25]
  • A wastebasket made of human skin[26]
  • Human skin covering several chair seats[27]
  • Skulls on his bedposts[28]
  • Female skulls, some with the tops sawn off[26][27][29]
  • Bowls made from human skulls[26]
  • A corset made from a female torso skinned from shoulders to waist[27]
  • Leggings made from human leg skin[26]
  • Masks made from the skin of female heads[27][28][29]
  • Mary Hogan's face mask in a paper bag[28]
  • Mary Hogan's skull in a box[30]
  • Bernice Worden's entire head in a burlap sack[31]
  • Bernice Worden's heart "in a plastic bag in front of Gein's potbelly stove"[32]
  • Nine vulvae in a shoe box[33]
  • A young girl's dress and "the vulvas of two females judged to have been about fifteen years old"[34]
  • A belt made from female human nipples[35]
  • Four noses[24]
  • A pair of lips on a window shade drawstring[24]
  • A lampshade made from the skin of a human face[24]
  • Fingernails from female fingers

Ed's various knick knacks were taken pictures of and you can see some of them below.

Ed Gen artifacts & crime scene photos

A chair upholstered with human skin.

Apron and gloves made out of human skin
[close]

The most nightmarish may be his pants, mammary vest and masks made out of real skin and faces.

At least he wasn't a sadist.

#7 Oct 24, 2023, 01:02 PM Last Edit: Oct 24, 2023, 01:08 PM by Psy-Fi
I'm a bit disappointed about that Ed Gein misquote. It fits in so well with that newspaper headline. He's definitely some high-octane nightmare fuel, though. And as long as I'm here, I'll post another infamous mobster hit pic. Something about those mob hits has always piqued my morbid curiosity.

Spoiler
[close]

I especially like the way that statuette is standing on the coffee table with its hands up and out towards the corpse, as if it's experiencing a moment of shock and grief.

Ooo I have a few to post in this thread. I recently read an article that covered something that doesn't get talked about much. Black serial killers.

Most serial killers that get notoriety are white but there are some dastardly black serial killers that don't get enough shine. It's an ongoing joke that being a serial killer is white people shit. Along with being a mass shooter. The only mass shooter I can think of that was black was the DC sniper.

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Oct 24, 2023, 10:17 PMOoo I have a few to post in this thread. I recently read an article that covered something that doesn't get talked about much. Black serial killers.

Most serial killers that get notoriety are white but there are some dastardly black serial killers that don't get enough shine. It's an ongoing joke that being a serial killer is white people shit. Along with being a mass shooter. The only mass shooter I can think of that was black was the DC sniper.

Isn't there a grim sleeper or something too? Can't remember the details. He may have been the guy who killed Kelsey Grammer's sister? Hmm. Gotta look shit up.

Here, serial killers seem like an American thing (even if we know it's not). I believe the most famous Norwegian serial killer, Belle Gunnes, only became a serial killer after having migrated to America 😄

(I don't consider Anders BB a serial killer)

Quote from: Psy-Fi on Oct 29, 2023, 06:11 PMJust in time for Halloween...

'Serial killings:' Columbus woman charged with deaths of men she met for sex

Doh!

"This content is not available in your country/region."

Is it another Aileen Wuornos?

Quote from: Guybrush on Oct 29, 2023, 06:41 PMDoh!

"This content is not available in your country/region."

Is it another Aileen Wuornos?

Here's a different link to the story. I'll quote it just in case you can't access this one either.

Columbus woman indicted in 'serial killings,' accused of meeting men for sex, drugging them

QuoteA Columbus woman has been indicted in four fatal overdoses in what the Ohio Attorney General's Office says were serial killings.

Rebecca Auborn, 33, is accused of meeting men for sex at hotels in Columbus, drugging them and then robbing them. Four of the meetings resulted in fatal overdoses, and a fifth person survived, according to the attorney general's office.

Columbus police have been investigating the cases, and the attorney general's office says they here may be more cases. Columbus police declined to provide additional information about the killings as of Thursday morning.

Auborn was indicted in September by a Franklin County grand jury on murder and other charges in connection with the January drug overdose death of a 30-year-old man in North Linden.

On Wednesday, a grand jury issued a superseding indictment against her on four counts of murder, four counts of involuntary manslaughter, five counts of aggravated robbery, five counts of felonious assault, five counts of corrupting another with drugs, one count of tampering with evidence and four counts of trafficking in drugs.

Auborn was indicted after the Central Ohio Human Trafficking Task Force recieved a tip that a woman was allegedly meeting men for sex in northeast Columbus, then overdosing the "johns" with drugs in order to steal their possessions.

Investigators are looking into overdose deaths between December 2022 and August 2023 within an area north of Downtown in an area bounded by I-71, Route 161, Cleveland Avenue and E. 17th Avenue.

Anyone with information about an overdose with related to the case is asked to call Columbus police or Central Ohio Crime Stoppers at 614-461-TIPS (8477).

That link doesn't provide a pic of the perp but I have one here...

Spoiler
[close]

Murder suspect Samuel Haskell, son of top Hollywood exec, chopped up bodies of wife, in-laws in his home: prosecutors

QuoteThe 35-year-old low-budget director of slasher flicks was arrested on suspicion of murder last week after a human torso was found in a bag discarded in a shopping mall dumpster, authorities said.

A case of life imitating art.