Quote from: jimmy jazz on Sep 23, 2023, 12:35 PMSome sliders. UK size 5. I'm a UK size 8 but sliders tend to always be too big for me. Hopefully these will be good. My current ones are size 7 and about an inch too long.

This must be another thing that's different across the pond because this is what I think of when I hear the term slider lol

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Sep 23, 2023, 12:39 PMThis must be another thing that's different across the pond because this is what I think of when I hear the term slider lol

Tiny cheeseburgers :love:

Sliders:

I wear them with socks BTW, like a true Brit 🇬🇧

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Sep 23, 2023, 01:23 PMTiny cheeseburgers :love:

Sliders:

Ah gotcha, I figured it was a shoe of some sort.

The mister almost never wears anything but sneakers in the casual day to day. I like that, and I get to be his personal shoe-tyer when they come undone.  :love: 

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: DJChameleon on Sep 23, 2023, 05:55 AMI like that wallet @Mindy but I have way too many cards. Whats the max card slots it has?
It holds 7 cards and so far since buying it I haven't gone back to something else so I must like it lol

https://twitter.com/shhon_
May 9th, 2024

Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Sep 23, 2023, 01:23 PMSliders:

My son wears the exact same ones, but as slippers with no socks. :love:   I miss seeing those around the house now that he's at college (told him recently that I miss seeing his "Adidas"es and got a little choked-up.  About SLIPPERS.   :laughing:)

Quote from: Guybrush on Sep 23, 2023, 09:36 AMLast thing I bought that wasn't for the gym was this Yamaha amp:

I'm so happy with it! I can dial in useful guitar tones for most things and it sounds great.

It also goes well with our white Yamaha piano 🙂

Wow, Tore - those are things of beauty.  I love those portable amps with the dialable tones, they are so much fun!  (Btw, I also love the green color of your livingroom wall and your floors.  Very nice!) :D

Quote from: ribbons on Sep 24, 2023, 05:46 AMMy son wears the exact same ones, but as slippers with no socks. :love:   I miss seeing those around the house now that he's at college (told him recently that I miss seeing his "Adidas"es and got a little choked-up.  About SLIPPERS.   :laughing:)

Aw ☹️🫂

These are just the first pic I found BTW, the ones I have are Puma ones.

I really like them and think they look fetching with socks.

Only God knows.

Those look good, jimmy! 👍 I think they must be much more comfortable with socks.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Sep 24, 2023, 07:08 AMAw ☹️🫂

These are just the first pic I found BTW, the ones I have are Puma ones.

I really like them and think they look fetching with socks.

I would roast the hell out of you if I saw you in person rocking socks with slides.

People do it here too but it looks tacky af and they get roasted whenever they do it.

Socks with slides, socks with sandals and socks with slippers all tacky and deserving of being roasted for wearing like that.

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: ribbons on Sep 24, 2023, 05:59 AMWow, Tore - those are things of beauty.  I love those portable amps with the dialable tones, they are so much fun!  (Btw, I also love the green color of your livingroom wall and your floors.  Very nice!) :D

Yes! They used to be kinda shit, but the technology really has evolved and now they sound good 🙂 I don't think I'll buy another tube amp again.

This one isn't for music production, but rather just to make it easier for me to sit down and play. I have a setup out in the studio, but I don't use it because I have to go out to the studio and set it up, etc. I've noticed I don't do these things because I literally often just want to play something for like 3 minutes and then even small impracticalities can become barriers. So I was occasionally playing my acoustic guitars and our piano, but never my electric. That's changed now 🙂

And thank you so much for your kind comment! It took us a few attempts to find the right green 🙂 it looks a little darker in this pic than the general impression, though!

Happiness is a warm manatee

What kind of electric guitar do you have, Tore?  Glad you'll have more opportunity to play it now.   :)

That green you guys created looks like it has the faintest grey undertone - which I tend to favor.  Greens are sometimes tricky to mix.   

Quote from: ribbons on Sep 24, 2023, 08:26 AMWhat kind of electric guitar do you have, Tore?  Glad you'll have more opportunity to play it now.   :)

That green you guys created looks like it has the faintest grey undertone - which I tend to favor.  Greens are sometimes tricky to mix.   

It's just a cheap, black Ibanez RC320. I had a white fender 56 reissue years back that would look great in our livingroom 😄 but I sold it along with my fender blues amp.

I had a great Godin electric with humbucker pickups that I loved. Sold that. Sold a few other electrics too.

We had limited space before moving here and I had this 5 guitars rule, but then I was only playing the acoustics.. so the electrics had to go.

When I found I wanted an electric again, I just wanted something I could pick up and play comfortably. It didn't have to be fancy. So I got this upgraded RC320 cheap 🙂

A colleague of mine builds guitars, so he might make me a telecaster style guitar at some point. He hasn't started, though, but he's really talented and an absolute perfectionist, so.. that'll probably be my next electric 🙂

Oh and one thing I remember about the green is it's neutral, so doesn't lean towards blue or red. I kinda like that and it still looks warmish in the kind of lighting I prefer.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: DJChameleon on Sep 24, 2023, 07:54 AMI would roast the hell out of you if I saw you in person rocking socks with slides.

People do it here too but it looks tacky af and they get roasted whenever they do it.

Socks with slides, socks with sandals and socks with slippers all tacky and deserving of being roasted for wearing like that.

So basically what you're saying is you want to see my feet? 😯

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Sep 24, 2023, 10:58 AMSo basically what you're saying is you want to see my feet? 😯

Those are shoes that require you to show your toes. That's like the point of them. They are summer attire. If you are wearing them outside of summer when it's cold and you need socks then just don't wear them!

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Sep 24, 2023, 02:31 PMThose are shoes that require you to show your toes. That's like the point of them. They are summer attire. If you are wearing them outside of summer when it's cold and you need socks then just don't wear them!

I'd say the idea is just that they're quick to put on and take off. Doesn't have to be any toe action.

Only God knows.