Quote from: Marie Monday on Sep 15, 2023, 01:37 AMhave a compliment: linguistically you're one of my favourite people ever. Your use of language is top tier in every way

My heart 🥹🫂

Only God knows.

Quote from: ribbons on Sep 14, 2023, 11:41 PMMrs. Waffles, your post really moved me and the last paragraph in particular brought tears to my eyes. You're such an amazing person and I truly admire you. <3

Oh, thank you so much! You are amazing too, you are so kind and have such a wonderful positive energy. I'm honored that my writing about my life could touch you like that. I wanted to reply to you earlier but your words made me tear up in the middle of cooking Swedish meatballs and I just had to put the phone down until after dinner. :love:

And Guybrush, Jimmy, Lisna, and all my online friends in this lovely community, thank you as well! I treasure all of you and the great environment that SCD has blossomed into. Having a place like this and friends like you all has brought me so much happiness and sense of belonging over these past 9 months. Thank you all again from the bottom of my heart. <3

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Swedish meatballs  :laughing:  My grandmother used to make those with egg noodles and lingonberry sauce on the side (she was not Swedish, but Danish - close enough, I guess).  I loved them, and miss them because I'm vegetarian now.  I once had a veggie version of Swedish meatballs that was quite good.

It is YOU who has the wonderful energy - but thank you from the bottom of my heart, dear Mrs. Waffles.

You are I are two crybabies together.   :laughing:

Quote from: ribbons on Sep 15, 2023, 12:29 AMIt's kind of nice to have one of each, isn't it?  My daughter is 25 and my son is 19 (egads!).  How old are yours?

Our daughter is 7 and our son is 3. It's a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. I hope we're close like you are with yours when they come into adulthood 🙂

I'm also thankful for @jimmy jazz who has gently pushed, motivated and given me advice in regards to my new exercise regime, which means a whole new and healthier life really. Plus he's such a stand-up guy, funny and always friendly ❤️

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Guybrush on Sep 15, 2023, 06:48 AMOur daughter is 7 and our son is 3. It's a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. I hope we're close like you are with yours when they come into adulthood 🙂

Ah, they're babies yet!  So cute.  Don't worry, it gets easier and harder as they come into adulthood. :D  Seriously, it's even more fun in a way as they grow up and become their own people. They become your friends as well as your children.  And 'm sure you'll always remain close, as you and your wife seem to be very dedicated parents.

Very nice to see @jimmy jazz get some well deserved accolades and respect here as well.  <3