#30 Aug 04, 2023, 03:15 AM Last Edit: Aug 04, 2023, 03:22 AM by Nimbly9
Quote from: DJChameleon on Aug 04, 2023, 02:14 AMWhat it means to fail upwards is how he makes stupid decisions and still continues to be "successful". I guess when your family owns blood diamond mines and gives you a small loan of a million dollars to start whatever project you want it hits differently.

No not only white people have followed the blueprint of nepotism but you can't argue that a large percentage of people that benefit this way are white.

He dropped out of Stanford after like two days and then started a company with his brother from money they raised via angel investors they met in and around the region. He was Zuckerberg 1.0 without the movie.

Two things. White people in mostly white-majority countries have had the most time to acquire wealth.  If you look at any country with one demographic outnumbering the others and look at their millionaires and billionaires, you are most likely going to find that said rich person is most likely a member of whatever the largest demographic is.  Stupid people "failing upward" come in all stripes and colors - look at most of the lottery winners in the U.S. and how quickly they go broke.

Quote from: Nimbly9 on Aug 04, 2023, 03:15 AMHe dropped out of Stanford after like two days and then started a company with his brother from money they raised via angel investors they met in and around the region. He was Zuckerberg 1.0 without the movie.

Two things. White people in mostly white-majority countries have had the most time to acquire wealth.  If you look at any country with one demographic outnumbering the others and look at their millionaires and billionaires, you are most likely going to find that said rich person is most likely a member of whatever the largest demographic is.  Stupid people "failing upward" come in all stripes and colors - look at most of the lottery winners in the U.S. and how quickly they go broke.

Everything you said still backs up my point.

Windfall winners are different from nepo babies. Having a father that owns an emerald mine in South Africa is most definitely beneficial. He can claim all he wants that he never got money from his father but I highly doubt that.

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Aug 04, 2023, 05:12 AMEverything you said still backs up my point.

Windfall winners are different from nepo babies. Having a father that owns an emerald mine in South Africa is most definitely beneficial. He can claim all he wants that he never got money from his father but I highly doubt that.

They don't seem to get along, but who knows.  He probably wouldn't have gotten into Stanford without him.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Aug 02, 2023, 07:07 PMHe doesn't really bother me but his fascination with the letter X is weird. There was no need to change Twitter's name. Also I notice a load more spam and advertising on there since he started running it.

Seems like a bit of a 'look at me' type but he doesn't wind me up as much as he appears to wind up other people.
changing twitters name is like changing xerox name.  It's one of the most recognized brands in the world.  Very bizarre decision.

I don't care for musk at all, he really is unlikable and attention seeking but it's also become so trendy to hate on him that you almost want to stay neutral. 

I hope the Zuckerberg fight happens. Mini Mark is gonna tear that ass up.

Quote from: Jwb on Aug 07, 2023, 07:18 PMchanging twitters name is like changing xerox name.  It's one of the most recognized brands in the world.  Very bizarre decision.

I don't care for musk at all, he really is unlikable and attention seeking but it's also become so trendy to hate on him that you almost want to stay neutral. 

I hope the Zuckerberg fight happens. Mini Mark is gonna tear that ass up.

I hope someone actually gets hurt, preferably Zuckerberg. Sick of these stupid YouTube and celebrity fights where fuck all happens. I want a legit knockout at the bare minimum.

Only God knows.

I hope so too. But my money is on Zuckerberg. Unless he let's Elon get a hold of him.  But fuck do i know, i don't watch ufc. I watch videos of fights in burger King.  It's much more entertaining to me when the participants don't know how to fight. 

I do think that when we live in a society where the richest men in the world are challenging eachother to fist fights, if that's not a sign of civilizational decline i dunno what is. And so i want the fight to happen just for the sheer absurdity it represents.  It feels appropriate.

I'd prefer a duel to the death with swords or pistols like the wealthy nobility and upper classes used to do.

And sell tickets to the event and make it a pay-per-view show for those who are unable to attend in person.

#37 Aug 07, 2023, 08:53 PM Last Edit: Aug 07, 2023, 09:08 PM by SGR
Quote from: Jwb on Aug 07, 2023, 08:02 PMI hope so too. But my money is on Zuckerberg. Unless he let's Elon get a hold of him.  But fuck do i know, i don't watch ufc. I watch videos of fights in burger King.  It's much more entertaining to me when the participants don't know how to fight. 

I do think that when we live in a society where the richest men in the world are challenging eachother to fist fights, if that's not a sign of civilizational decline i dunno what is. And so i want the fight to happen just for the sheer absurdity it represents.  It feels appropriate.

Zuckerberg is currently the favorite in betting odds, and rightly so. Though he is smaller and lighter, he's trained in jiu-jitsu and is in much better shape than Musk.

That said, Musk is taller and heavier and he's been training recently as well - I bet he'll be in better shape if this fight actually happens - but age is not on his side. I read he's got a bad back and he might be getting surgery before the fight happens.

The funniest outcome would be that the fight actually happens, Bruce Buffer is there to introduce the Zuck/Musk, Joe Rogan is there as a fight commentator, Trump makes an appearance in the crowd (but gets arrested and indicted again mid fight), and Elon Musk somehow wins. Total and complete absurdity.

Also, how long before we replace stodgy old boring presidential debates with presidential cage fights? Trump/Biden Presidential Cage Fights would do serious numbers. Couple of geriatrics in the fight of their political life - I wanna see some American exceptionalism! The current speaker of the house could be the ring girl, so just get Pelosi in a bikini, give her some signs, and send her out between rounds.

Edit: My bad, it's Kevin McCarthy who will be wearing the bikini.

Trump would smash Biden to bits without even trying tbf.

Biden could even fall over on his ring walk and AOC would have to throw the towel in during the first round.

Putin would be P4P World Champion.

Putin vs Zelenskyy for undisputed.

Only God knows.

Reading this discussion, this video is the only thing I can think of.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Mitch McConnell appears to freeze when asked about re-election

Second time in the past four weeks.

Anyways, good luck with getting your criminal buffoon to face justice. It would be nice to see that the US criminal justice system has some integrity.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Guybrush on Aug 31, 2023, 11:45 AMAnyways, good luck with getting your criminal buffoon to face justice. It would be nice to see that the US criminal justice system has some integrity.

American politics is overloaded with criminals and buffoons and combinations of the two.

I'm not optimistic about many of them getting what they actually deserve within the American justice system. Especially the higher up on the political ladder those criminals and buffoons are.

#44 Aug 31, 2023, 02:30 PM Last Edit: Aug 31, 2023, 02:34 PM by Nimbly9
If we actually wanted to lock up the criminals that have gotten the U.S. to this point of polarization, where nobody trusts anything, then almost all of them in both parties would have a mugshot at this point.