Quote from: Janszoon on Jul 10, 2023, 12:37 AMThat one drives me crazy too, especially these days where everyone has a cell phone. Just call the person you're picking up.

that doesn't work in the case of taxis though.

If it's someone they know then yeah that's easy to just call the person but a taxi doesn't have the person's personal number.

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Jul 10, 2023, 07:10 AMthat doesn't work in the case of taxis though.

If it's someone they know then yeah that's easy to just call the person but a taxi doesn't have the person's personal number.

It's 2023, who is ordering taxis? I haven't seen one on my block in years.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Quote from: Janszoon on Jul 10, 2023, 12:57 PMIt's 2023, who is ordering taxis? I haven't seen one on my block in years.

There are six different taxi companies in my city and people still call up taxis especially if they are just going around in the city because it ends up being cheaper than Uber or Lyft.

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Jul 10, 2023, 05:09 PMThere are six different taxi companies in my city and people still call up taxis especially if they are just going around in the city because it ends up being cheaper than Uber or Lyft.

The only time it ever makes any sense to take a taxi here is grabbing one at the airport or train station, because they're just sitting there. Otherwise, literally anything else, from Lyft and Uber to buses and trains, is more convenient than a taxi.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Quote from: Janszoon on Jul 10, 2023, 05:18 PMThe only time it ever makes any sense to take a taxi here is grabbing one at the airport or train station, because they're just sitting there. Otherwise, literally anything else, from Lyft and Uber to buses and trains, is more convenient than a taxi.

The last time I remember ordering a taxi was when we stayed in an airbnb in a suburb of Quebec City last year cause we had a train departing at seven in the morning. At that hour, far from an urban center, your chances of finding a car in real time via an app are not great.

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

Yeah the last time I ordered a taxi here was in 2014 when I was coming home from a music festival in Milwaukee. That was before I even knew about ridesharing services, and once I found out, I never went back. If I'm on a budget, I'll take the bus. If I need the speed and convenience I'll take an Uber. But of course it's probably different in bigger cities.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards