Similar to the thread about annoying things people say, this is about all the other things in life that may be characterized by folly, fallacy or cause you vexation.

Share of your struggles.

For myself, I don't like it when the toilet paper roll is on backwards / under position, like this:

Just put it the right way around.

And I don't understand why platform shoes are sometimes part of goth fashion. Or any fashion.

Unless you're dressing up as early 70s Bowie or some other obvious costume, just get shoes with regularish height soles.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Commercials where they're not wanted is something I find incredibly vulgar and distasteful.

People who don't know how to position their cars when they do turns so they're in your way.

Kitchen machines and utensils that are in contact with warm surfaces and food that are made out of plastic, like plastic frying spatulas or plastic water boilers. Especially when the spatulas dissolve at the end so you get little spatula chips in your food. That's nasty.

Ironically, people who complain too much.

Happiness is a warm manatee

People who have loud conversations in front of my house first thing in the morning.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Quote from: Janszoon on Jul 09, 2023, 01:45 PMPeople who have loud conversations in front of my house first thing in the morning.

Or just people who have loud conversations.

I don't understand how you'd be comfortable with people hearing everything you're talking about.

Could just be me?

Only God knows.

That irks me as well. I'm sensitive to noise, and I can't stand it when people yap on mindlessly into their phones at the top of their lungs on public transportation. I feel the same about people who park their car at a convenience store with the windows down blasting bass music all day while they stand in front of the building.

(I'm like this all the time.)

Quote from: Guybrush on Jul 09, 2023, 07:56 AMIronically, people who complain too much.

:laughing:  :laughing:

Quote from: Guybrush on Jul 09, 2023, 07:56 AMKitchen machines and utensils that are in contact with warm surfaces and food that are made out of plastic, like plastic frying spatulas or plastic water boilers. Especially when the spatulas dissolve at the end so you get little spatula chips in your food. That's nasty.

Coincidentally, I finally solved this in my kitchen last weekend. After years of mild concern about those bits of black plastic in my fried eggs, I watched an eco-shock video about micro-plastics everywhere, and now cook with a bamboo spatula from Walmart and a sense of smugness that is offensive even to me.

I hate how unwanted innovations are always turning up: the loathsome, difficult to avoid One Drive, and when I had to replace my cd player recently, I discovered they barely exist any more. About the only one I found was by Daewoo, which has a horrible volume control. Not the simple smooth dial of old, but something you have to hold in "UP" position and wait while the machine clicks its way through the volumes until you release it. Worst of all is the in-built feature that when you turn the player off, it automatically returns to a volume mid-point, so next time you turn it on you have to repeat the process. Boy, does that bug me!

What you desire is of lesser value than what you have found.

Yeah, those noisy people! One of the worst are the ones who visit your neighbours, but don't get out and ring the doorbell in a civilised fashion. Instead they sit in their car and sound the klaxon until the neighbour (and the whole street) realise they have arrived. :banghead:

What you desire is of lesser value than what you have found.

#7 Jul 09, 2023, 05:12 PM Last Edit: Jul 09, 2023, 05:35 PM by Lexi Darling
Quote from: innerspaceboy on Jul 09, 2023, 04:44 PMThat irks me as well. I'm sensitive to noise, and I can't stand it when people yap on mindlessly into their phones at the top of their lungs on public transportation. I feel the same about people who park their car at a convenience store with the windows down blasting bass music all day while they stand in front of the building.

Totally. I always seem to get stuck at a red light right next to someone blasting that earth-shaking bass out their windows. I have a conspiracy theory that they do it just to annoy people; how anyone can enjoy music from inside a car when the bass is so cranked that it's all you can hear, I will never know.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: innerspaceboy on Jul 09, 2023, 04:44 PMThat irks me as well. I'm sensitive to noise, and I can't stand it when people yap on mindlessly into their phones at the top of their lungs on public transportation. I feel the same about people who park their car at a convenience store with the windows down blasting bass music all day while they stand in front of the building.

You live in New York don't you?

@DJChameleon time to stop it mate.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Jul 09, 2023, 05:30 PMYou live in New York don't you?

Heh. Is it that obvious? :)

(I'm like this all the time.)

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Jul 09, 2023, 05:30 PMYou live in New York don't you?

@DJChameleon time to stop it mate.

I'm never stopping it. Ya'll will just have to stay annoyed forever!

I explained my situation. I'm quiet as a mouse when I'm at home and barely listen to my music outside of headphones. So when I'm out in public I want to fully hear songs the way they are meant to be heard.

I was this cool the whole time.

Also I prefer under when putting the toilet paper in. I don't like over and I hate that it is the industry standard at all hotels. So first thing I do when I get into a hotel room is put the toilet paper in the RIGHT way.

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: Lisnaholic on Jul 09, 2023, 05:01 PMYeah, those noisy people! One of the worst are the ones who visit your neighbours, but don't get out and ring the doorbell in a civilised fashion. Instead they sit in their car and sound the klaxon until the neighbour (and the whole street) realise they have arrived. :banghead:

That one drives me crazy too, especially these days where everyone has a cell phone. Just call the person you're picking up.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Jul 09, 2023, 03:30 PMOr just people who have loud conversations.

I don't understand how you'd be comfortable with people hearing everything you're talking about.

Could just be me?
lol

I feel like most people aren't just talking  to whoever they're talking to, they're talking to the entire room and just using the person on the other end as a platform to broadcast their message. Which is usually just me me me.

I feel like the vast majority of common people I meet are 10x more extroverted than I am and much more likely to try to engage me in what feels like a pointless conversation from my end.

I even notice in particular that half the time I have ear buds in and am listening to something and people will try to talk to me anyways.  Especially coworkers.  I think I might just be an anti social cunt since it seems to happen consistently and I'm the common denominator

Quote from: DJChameleon on Jul 09, 2023, 10:01 PMAlso I prefer under when putting the toilet paper in. I don't like over and I hate that it is the industry standard at all hotels. So first thing I do when I get into a hotel room is put the toilet paper in the RIGHT way.
frankly if i go into an establishment where the toilet paper is facing the wrong way, i just smear my shit on the walls and walk out