Jun 25, 2023, 03:26 PM Last Edit: Jun 28, 2023, 03:20 PM by Guybrush
[DISCLAIMER: This topic was created by a mod/admin who split it from its parent topic]

Speaking to an American friend about foreskins.

He goes, "I'm not sure how it prevents STDs but at least I don't have to clean under there".

I made a joke about him admitting he doesn't wash himself and he goes "I never did".

Only God knows.

^Circumcision can be a touchy subject, especially to those who have had it done to them or have had it done to their children. I don't want to offend people.

However, it is not good. I strongly believe this and have read a lot of studies.

What I find, in general, is that people don't even understand the basics of what the foreskin is for. It is not to prevent STDs. Rather, it's important for the sexual function of the organ, both to the men who have the penis and their partners.

That people will subject their children to this procedure in absence of pressure of religion is real creepy to me and a sad sign of how uninformed people are about the most basic functions of their bodies.

Happiness is a warm manatee

I think people get touchy because they/their parents don't want to admit they got it wrong.

I just found it funny that he admitted he doesn't wash his cock and thinks he doesn't need to because he's been circumcised. When we discussed circumcision he also said he would probably get his kids done cos it's tradition in their family ::)

I completely agree with you and everything you just said BTW.

Only God knows.

I was raised Jewish, and yeah I got circumcised. Funnily enough though it worked out pretty well since my junk doesn't really work like a proper male part anymore anyway. So I guess I kinda lucked out? Lol, and of course if I were ever to be able to save up a clean 20,000 bucks I could get a vaginoplasty and really stick it to 'em. But if it never happens we're still fine with it. If I'm gonna be shriveled up dick girl forever more, I'll own that shit.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Guybrush on Jun 26, 2023, 05:50 PM^Circumcision can be a touchy subject, especially to those who have had it done to them or have had it done to their children. I don't want to offend people.

However, it is not good. I strongly believe this and have read a lot of studies.

What I find, in general, is that people don't even understand the basics of what the foreskin is for. It is not to prevent STDs. Rather, it's important for the sexual function of the organ, both to the men who have the penis and their partners.

That people will subject their children to this procedure in absence of pressure of religion is real creepy to me and a sad sign of how uninformed people are about the most basic functions of their bodies.

Speaking as someone who is circumcised, I completely agree with you. I don't hold it against my parents or anything, but I do wonder what I'm missing out on. Also, as a general rule, I don't think people should be performing surgery on babies that is, at best, unnecessary.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Jun 26, 2023, 06:05 PMI just found it funny that he admitted he doesn't wash his cock and thinks he doesn't need to because he's been circumcised.

Oh my god, I feel terrible for anyone who has ever slept with him.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Personally, I think both look nice

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

#6 Jun 26, 2023, 07:16 PM Last Edit: Jun 26, 2023, 07:21 PM by Guybrush
If circumcision comes up in real life discussions, I sometimes have to explain some of the usefulness of the foreskin. Especially women don't always know 😅 and, you know, why should they.

This may be completely unwarranted, but I sometimes use the slightly ridiculous analogy of comparing the penis to a dog (I believe I did this on MB too). Maybe you'll find it funny or interesting.

The uncut penis has more skin, so it's like a bulldog. The cut penis is more like a taut breed 😄 like, say, a Chihuahua, although size is besides the point.

If you grab a bulldog by the neck, it can still turn around inside its skin to bite your hand. If you were to pet it weirdly hard, you'd actually move its skin back and forth and that would reduce friction between your hand and the fur.

The Chihuahua can't turn around in its skin like that and if you pet it weirdly hard, you'll be rubbing the dog, causing friction. Do it for a little while and it might become uncomfortable.

For a penis which goes back and forth into something, the difference in function that comes from this extra skin is important. The foreskin isn't there by accident, but is an adaptation that came about by natural selection due to its usefulness.

Circumcision became popular in the US in part because cut boys were less likely to masturbate. I believe less skin is probably removed today, but it still damages sexual function.

Lubricants can offset some of the damage done by circumcision, but add to that other arguments like a possible lessening of glans sensitivity and the fact that possible complications during procedures lead to much worse consequences (sometimes even death) than any benefits gained from a miniscule added protection against HIV and it's just a no-brainer.

Edit:

"This study finds that approximately 117 neonatal circumcision-related deaths (9.01/100,000) occur annually in the United States, about 1.3% of male neonatal deaths from all causes. "

https://www.berghahnjournals.com/view/journals/boyhood-studies/4/1/bhs040106.xml

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Guybrush on Jun 26, 2023, 07:16 PMCircumcision became popular in the US in part because cut boys were less likely to masturbate.

Well, I certainly disproved that hypothesis in my youth.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

QuoteCircumcision became popular in the US in part because cut boys were less likely to masturbate.

The sheer resilience of the 19th century panic over masturbating children is kinda impressive. When I was little, my grandpa would say that I shouldn't sleep with my hands under the blanket. I had no idea why he'd say that but then you don't understand much of what adults say when you're a small child. I was reminded of that years later when I read about the topic as an adult.

Quote from: jadis on Jun 26, 2023, 09:53 PMThe sheer resilience of the 19th century panic over masturbating children is kinda impressive. When I was little, my grandpa would say that I shouldn't sleep with my hands under the blanket. I had no idea why he'd say that but then you don't understand much of what adults say when you're a small child. I was reminded of that years later when I read about the topic as an adult.

:laughing:

Only God knows.

Quote from: jadis on Jun 26, 2023, 06:53 PMPersonally, I think both look nice
patrice famously said uncut jammies look like a pugs face. I have to agree with him.  There is nothing attractive about the ant eater version of cock. Possibly the biggest favor the religious right ever did for gay men was making it taboo to have a pugs face.

Don't get me wrong.  The procedure is completely barbaric. It's just a shame that nature is so ugly.

Quote from: Jwb on Jun 27, 2023, 04:21 AMpatrice famously said uncut jammies look like a pugs face. I have to agree with him.  There is nothing attractive about the ant eater version of cock. Possibly the biggest favor the religious right ever did for gay men was making it taboo to have a pugs face.

Don't get me wrong.  The procedure is completely barbaric. It's just a shame that nature is so ugly.

I agree that circed looks better but also when you're really attracted to someone and want to suck his dick it doesn't really matter does it

"Barbaric" is an interesting word. That's what ancient Greeks used to call non-Greeks. One of those non-Greek people conquered by the Greeks were the Jews, who were completely unlike every other nation ever conquered by the Greeks. Very sophisticated, the whole one god thing, highly unusual stuff. The Greeks were very impressed by them but that thing they were doing to their dicks was a bit of a turnoff.

The Jews were also very impressed by their highly sophisticated conquerors, by their language and philosophy, and some of them sought to emulate the Greeks even before the Greeks got more repressive and decided that Jews shouldn't have freedom to practice their religion and should instead assimilate and become "Hellenized." Trouble is that to emulate the Greeks you have to do a lot of things in the nude, like wrestling. So those Jews who wanted to wrestle in the nude or whatever would have to reverse their circumcision, which is as gnarly as it sounds: 

QuoteThere are two procedures in the ancient world designed to undo circumcision: infibulation and epispasm. Infibulation, according to Celsus, the first century medical author, involved drawing the skin around the penis forward to cover the glans and fastening it with a fibula or twine. Epispasm, which is often called the "Cadillac of corrective surgeries," is the most effective procedure known to undo circumcision. Epispasm was a challenging operation: the surgeon would cut the skin on the shaft of the penis, pull it forward to cover the glans, and dress it carefully so that the skin would attach itself to the glans, leaving a foreskin. Bear in mind that this operation was practiced without anesthesia, though Celsus promises that the operation was "not so very painful."

Quote from: jadis on Jun 27, 2023, 07:23 PMI agree that circed looks better but also when you're really attracted to someone and want to suck his dick it doesn't really matter does it

"Barbaric" is an interesting word. That's what ancient Greeks used to call non-Greeks. One of those non-Greek people conquered by the Greeks were the Jews, who were completely unlike every other nation ever conquered by the Greeks. Very sophisticated, the whole one god thing, highly unusual stuff. The Greeks were very impressed by them but that thing they were doing to their dicks was a bit of a turnoff.

The Jews were also very impressed by their highly sophisticated conquerors, by their language and philosophy, and some of them sought to emulate the Greeks even before the Greeks got more repressive and decided that Jews shouldn't have freedom to practice their religion and should instead assimilate and become "Hellenized." Trouble is that to emulate the Greeks you have to do a lot of things in the nude, like wrestling. So those Jews who wanted to wrestle in the nude or whatever would have to reverse their circumcision, which is as gnarly as it sounds: 

i used to not really care one way or the the other about it because i like most circumsized men don't remember the procedure.

Then one time i stumbled onto a debate about it in a forum and someone posted a link to a video of the procedure.  Barbaric seems apt lol.  The kid was just screaming in abject pain.  You can tell the difference between a bullshit i want my mommy cry and a gutteral they're slicing my dick with a scalpel cry. And for what? So they're dicks look nicer when they grow up? Something twisted and groomerish about that as well.

Used to know a lad who comes from a Turkish family. Born and grew up here.

Anyway he was saying they (Turkish lads) get circumcised at about 8 or 9 years old and it's a big event. Lots of food and gifts and that sort of thing. He said he got chased and held down for his while screaming in pain. It upset me tbh.

Only God knows.

#14 Jun 27, 2023, 10:34 PM Last Edit: Jun 27, 2023, 10:43 PM by Lexi Darling
I actually didn't get snipped at birth either, mine happened in 1996 so I would have been about 7. I remember going completely under and don't remember any pain. Funny story is that there is a Taco Bell right next door to that hospital and I was feeling good after my surgery so I requested we have lunch there. After eating one taco I immediately vomited.

The Taco Bell is still there, and I think of that every time I drive past, haha. Not actually my weirdest childhood hospital story. Maybe we should have a thread for general medical or injury stuff? Just spitballing as I know it can be pretty personal.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards