The guys who paid $250,000 a pop to see the Titanic wreckage got me thinking.

If you were super rich, what sort of holiday would you pick? You can go anywhere, with anyone you know.

For me, I think I'd do a road trip across the USA. East to West. It would take one year. I'd pay someone to drive and we'd be in a tour bus with top notch facilities. I'd want to see the lesser known places and less touristy stuff, just mix with normal people in their neighbourhoods, experience extreme weather, eat til I explode and party with beautiful American ladies.

If you've seen the film Into The Wild, it'd be a bit like that but money is no object.

What about you guys?

Only God knows.

This may be cheating but I want to tour the whole planet.

If I had to choose one place though I guess Tokyo or Iceland.

This'll probably sound dull as fuck, but I wanna stay for as long as I'd like on a luxury vacation at one of those sand bank islands with a patch of palm trees barely raised above sea level in the Maldives, living in some hut/bungalow standing on stilts above the sea.

Admittedly, there won't be much to do besides swimming, reading, suntanning etc. but then I do feel like I really need a vacation just to relax and stem the encroaching burnout.

Also, with rising sea levels, these islands are gonna disappear soon.

Happiness is a warm manatee

If everything goes according to plan, we're going on a honeymoon vacation to Japan next spring. Finally going to make up for our cancelled 2020 trip. That was gonna be our first big vacation as boyfriend and girlfriend, and now it's gonna finally happen as our first vacation as husband and wife.  :love:

As for the question of the thread, I'd love to go and visit Australia. My sister has lived there for years but I've never been and it would be cool to hang with her and see everything there is to see down there.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

When Michael Caine was the rising super-star of British cinema, a newspaper reported that, being just a regular guy, he enjoyed the simple pleasure of walking the streets of London - the only difference being that MC instructed his chauffeur to follow him in his Rolls Royce, so that when MC got tired, he could be driven home in comfort.

I'd love to go on a hiking holiday in Patagonia with some friends, but would like the Michael Caine treatment too, so that I wouldn't be sleeping in the hills when the weather turned nasty.

What you desire is of lesser value than what you have found.

Quote from: Guybrush on Jun 22, 2023, 02:06 AMThis'll probably sound dull as fuck, but I wanna stay for as long as I'd like on a luxury vacation at one of those sand bank islands with a patch of palm trees barely raised above sea level in the Maldives, living in some hut/bungalow standing on stilts above the sea.

Admittedly, there won't be much to do besides swimming, reading, suntanning etc. but then I do feel like I really need a vacation just to relax and stem the encroaching burnout.

Also, with rising sea levels, these islands are gonna disappear soon.

This is exactly what I was thinking - except with endless PiƱa Coladas, Margaritas, and Cigars at my fingertips.

Besides that, I'd really love to visit Venice, Italy one day.

#6 Jun 22, 2023, 03:53 PM Last Edit: Jun 23, 2023, 09:27 PM by Janszoon
If I suddenly became super rich, I think the first trip I'd take would be a year of bouncing around eastern Asia. Several years ago, I read about these luxury trains in Japan that have berths like hotel rooms. I'd like to take one of those to start. I'd love to be able to spend a long time exploring Japan and China especially, but South Korea is also very high on my list as are Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, the Philippines, and Indonesia.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Quote from: Janszoon on Jun 22, 2023, 03:53 PMIf I suddenly became super rich, I think the first trip I'd take would be a year of bouncing around eastern Asia. Several years ago, I read about these luxury trains in Japan that have berths like hotel rooms. I'd like to take one of those to start. I'd love to be able to spend a long time exploring Japan and China specially, but South Korea is also very high on my list as are Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, the Philippines, and Indonesia.

I'm planning on spending most of my future retirement years somewhere in South East Asia. Probably going to travel around the region and take as much in as I can and maybe make a home base somewhere in the Philippines or Malaysia.

As far as a fantasy holiday if I won millions in a lottery, I'd probably rent a yacht and a crew and take a trip around the world at a leisurely pace. At least for a year or maybe two. 

I'd also like to visit Hawaii 🌴 I don't know exactly where or what I'd do, but it'd be an interesting fix for the exotica lover in me and I'm always happy wherever the water's nice.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Jun 22, 2023, 12:37 AMThe guys who paid $250,000 a pop to see the Titanic wreckage got me thinking.

If you were super rich, what sort of holiday would you pick? You can go anywhere, with anyone you know.

For me, I think I'd do a road trip across the USA. East to West. It would take one year. I'd pay someone to drive and we'd be in a tour bus with top notch facilities. I'd want to see the lesser known places and less touristy stuff, just mix with normal people in their neighbourhoods, experience extreme weather, eat til I explode and party with beautiful American ladies.

If you've seen the film Into The Wild, it'd be a bit like that but money is no object.

What about you guys?
I've read Into the Wild and watched the movie, great story. Plus your holiday sounds fun. It's basically what my cousin and his wife do. They found a way to make money dropshipping products online and bought a tow camper to live in. They travel all across America, they've done 3 laps of their route around the states now.

https://twitter.com/shhon_
May 9th, 2024

Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence