https://twitter.com/shhon_
May 9th, 2024

Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence

Do we wanna start speculating who Trumps VP pick is gonna be?

Haley should be dropping out after New Hampshire if not before. I feel like she might try to hold out until then but it is futile.

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: Psy-Fi on Jan 12, 2024, 05:38 PM

"She's Arrogant, Conceited & Elitest" - Why Nikki Haley Thinks She's Better Than You

Well the fellas will now have the entertainment of seeing her getting absolutely pumelled by you know who. She'd be a better fit in the other party it seems though, as with Blinken, I doubt she has the charisma to win a general election. The Hillary comparison seems kinda apropriate.

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

Quote from: jadis on Jan 23, 2024, 11:33 AMWell the fellas will now have the entertainment of seeing her getting absolutely pumelled by you know who. She'd be a better fit in the other party it seems though, as with Blinken, I doubt she has the charisma to win a general election. The Hillary comparison seems kinda apropriate.

She's definitely a neocon. I don't think there'd be much difference between her and Biden in terms of foreign policy, at least.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Jan 23, 2024, 09:09 AMDo we wanna start speculating who Trumps VP pick is gonna be?

Haley should be dropping out after New Hampshire if not before. I feel like she might try to hold out until then but it is futile.

Some people have speculated Tucker Carlson, but I don't buy that.

I'd say the most likely at this point are Kristi Noem or Elise Stefanik. I could see picking one over the other for different reasons. As shallow as it is, Noem is more physically attractive and that's a factor in how people vote. But Trump seems to have more of a personal relationship with Stefanik, so he might trust her more. I think his VP pick is definitely going to be a woman.

Wildcard pick: Tulsi Gabbard.

RFK JR SURGES to 21% in National Poll; Trump Expected to TROUNCE Nikki Haley in NH

Quote from: SGR on Jan 23, 2024, 04:28 PMSome people have speculated Tucker Carlson, but I don't buy that.

I'd say the most likely at this point are Kristi Noem or Elise Stefanik. I could see picking one over the other for different reasons. As shallow as it is, Noem is more physically attractive and that's a factor in how people vote. But Trump seems to have more of a personal relationship with Stefanik, so he might trust her more. I think his VP pick is definitely going to be a woman.

I think he'll pick Tim Scott.  He's got a similar profile to Mike Pence, just without all the gay conversion therapy baggage.  Plus he's black and that's gonna be a huge plus in the general election.

Quote from: Nimbly9 on Jan 23, 2024, 08:51 PMI think he'll pick Tim Scott.  He's got a similar profile to Mike Pence, just without all the gay conversion therapy baggage.  Plus he's black and that's gonna be a huge plus in the general election.

Hmm...that might be an interesting choice. Tim Scott is not very exciting, but maybe that's what would make him a good counter-balance to Trump (much like Pence).

Quote from: SGR on Jan 23, 2024, 04:28 PMSome people have speculated Tucker Carlson, but I don't buy that.

So I have only been hearing about Tim Scott and Elise Stefanik.

I don't know who Kristi Noem is.

Wouldn't it be funny if he picked MTG?

Quote from: DJChameleon on Jan 23, 2024, 11:01 PMSo I have only been hearing about Tim Scott and Elise Stefanik.

I don't know who Kristi Noem is.

Wouldn't it be funny if he picked MTG?

He'd have to be utterly insane to pick MTG as VP.

Kristie Noem is the governor of North Dakota.

Quote from: SGR on Jan 23, 2024, 11:21 PMHe'd have to be utterly insane to pick MTG as VP.

Ooooh that's the one in the cheating scandal right?

Idk if he would pick her. He thrives off of drama type situations but this cheating scandal stuff should deter him from picking her unless he just says fuck it and goes all in.

Quote from: SGR on Jan 23, 2024, 11:21 PMHe'd have to be utterly insane to pick MTG as VP.

She's the governor of South Dakota.

The governor of North Dakota is Doug Burgum.

And as long as I'm here, I wonder if Nikki Haley will drop out of the race before the South Carolina primary, in her home state, which she will almost certainly lose to Trump.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Jan 24, 2024, 09:12 AMOoooh that's the one in the cheating scandal right?

Idk if he would pick her. He thrives off of drama type situations but this cheating scandal stuff should deter him from picking her unless he just says fuck it and goes all in.

Yeah, that's the one - as Psy pointed out, I flubbed - she's the South Dakota governor, not the North Dakota governor.

The interesting thing with those allegations, as I understand them, is that it sounds like she was cheating in the sense that she and her husband were still legally married and but were separated. Still, a bad look.

https://nypost.com/2023/09/15/kristi-noem-corey-lewandowski-affair-shakes-up-trump-running-mate-stakes/

The guy she was cheating with, Corey Lewandowski was also supposedly cheating on his spouse, not just with Noem, but also with White House Communications Director, Hope Hicks. Guy was a dog, I guess. But he must have had game.

Quote from: SGR on Jan 23, 2024, 04:25 PMShe's definitely a neocon. I don't think there'd be much difference between her and Biden in terms of foreign policy, at least.
there's really not much daylight between Trump and Biden on crucial foreign policy questions either. Besides the fact that it's questionable how supportive Trump would have been of Ukraine. When it comes to the Middle East, Bidens 2 massive optical failures (the pull out of Afghanistan and the attempted normalization deal between the gulf states and Israel).  , both of these were holdovers from Trump era policy and were touted as a success for his administration prior to them backfiring.