I did vote for Obama in 2008...first POTUS I was old enough to vote for.  Good times.

I first voted in 1980- for John Anderson. :laughing:

I was angry with Carter for reinstituting draft registration and I thought I was going to end up in Afghanistan or Iran (this was during the Iranian hostage crisis). As I mentioned before, I'm pretty much a liberal so Reagan was out. And I liked Anderson with his more centrist approach to things, so I went with him.

The Word has spoken :D

My voting record is as follows:

Labour
Remain
Labour
Labour

Lost every single vote. I even lost when I voted in the local elections and for the mayor.

I've been called right wing numerous times 😂

I'd eat my own cock before voting Tory tbf.

Only God knows.

Tony Blair destroyed Labour's legitimacy with his stupid foreign policy.

Blair has been gone for about 18 years now. And I never said Labour were perfect anyway cos they're not.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Mar 03, 2023, 06:48 PMBlair has been gone for about 18 years now. And I never said Labour were perfect anyway cos they're not.

i know buddy - i hear ya

i just think that's a bit of significant history to learn from

or not - it's your conutry

Hey at least you're not in Ireland, where when an unpopular party (unpopular, that is, with the other parties) is voted into power the others stop them being elected by the simple expedient of sulking "not working with them." And it was a policy that fucking worked! None of the three main parties would work with Sinn Fein, despite their getting the most seats in the Dail (parliament/house of commons/senate I guess) and as a result two of the major parties - neither of whom were wanted and both of whom have more or less shared the government of Ireland since we became an independent republic - formed an uneasy alliance and they now run the country. It's so fucking stupid that - and this is not a joke - the two parties are actually taking turns being taoiseach (Prime Minister) - guy from Fianna Fail was in charge up to a month or so ago and now he's handed it over to his buddy/rival in Fine Gael. Meanwhile nobody knows what Sinn Fein would have done, in their first ever government, as the other parties deliberately kept them out, overruling the will of the Irish people! Democracy at work, ladies and gentlemen!