Raccoons are the highwaymen of the animal world.

Quote from: Trollheart on Feb 03, 2023, 06:17 PMRaccoons are the highwaymen of the animal world.
Very cute highwaymen at that.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Frogs appeared in my pond a few weeks back but have disappeared again. Just European brown frogs/common frogs.

Hopefully they will be back.

I've named them Fernando, Felipe and Fabrizio. They just like to chill and croak.

Really hope that I get loads of frog spawn and have a large amount of them but I do have fish also and I guess they'll be snacking on the spawn.

Only God knows.

This evening I watched a grey heron perch on my shed roof and stalk my fish in the pond, before swooping down and then flying away.

Big birds. Really impressive.

Only God knows.

^We have them here too by the coast. They're cool birds.

And Heron is kind of an interesting band too 🤔

Happiness is a warm manatee

Spotted tonight when I went into the garden shed. The previous night I had heard rustling and I believed it was a rat. Sprinted back to the house in fear.

I have been pleasantly surprised. Just as I walked to the steps it's right there in front of me, arm's distance away. He was very chilled out and allowed me to take a photo before walking away.

His name is Herbie.

Only God knows.

Herbie!!! <3

Quote from: Marie Monday on Apr 19, 2023, 12:56 AMHerbie!!! <3

As you know I got a hedgehog house last year to encourage them to set up home in the garden. Nothing went in there over winter so I'm going to move the hedgehog house to where I saw Herbie. Surely he will work it out?

They are so cute. I saw a picture of a baby hedgehog though and it looks like a soft cock!

Only God knows.

Speaking of hedgehogs, my sister sent me this. I absolutely need to make these.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

The one coloured as Sonic is a nice touch :laughing:

Only God knows.

I stumbled across this pic yesterday...

Looks like a very skeptical dog.

As seen in my new avatar, this is my favorite bird, the rose finch. It's interesting how an otherwise fairly ordinary looking bird can look so much more exotic with an uncommon color.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

I love it.

Only God knows.

'Vicious' peacock escapes Bronx Zoo and bites onlooker

Quote"It bit me!" said the victim, who only gave the name Mike while recalling how he thought he was "buggin" when he first saw his fowl attacker strutting a West Farms street just before 8 p.m. Wednesday

Mike told an onlooker in a video interview at the scene that he'd been "standing outside chillin', smoking and whatever" when he saw the large, colorful pheasant casually strutting its stuff.

"I thought I was buggin'! I was like, Yo, there goes a motherf—in' peacock!" he recalled, saying he assumed he was just too "high."

As he and others started filming, the peacock fled. "It started running up the hill toward traffic and we had to keep the bird safe," Mike said in the Citizen app video.

"We chased it," Mike said, with him and others trying to corner it next to a gate to stop it running into traffic.

"It pecked me! Grabbed my pants and s–t," the ruffled-sounding victim said. "Then the motherf—er flew in the tree! I didn't know they fly!"

Bearded vultures are so baddass looking.