Quite the run by Villa... Though today's win looked too easy, against a team managed by a man in deep catatonic depression.

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

Cooper looks like he is constantly stoned or has just been teargassed.

The game vs Newcastle next week is huge. I did not see Unai turning things round this quickly. I can't praise him enough.

Only God knows.

There should be a BBC Three sitcom about two roommates, where Martin Clunes is the chipper one and Cooper the depressed one

I can't believe Everton will go down. They're like the oldest club or something 

They will stay up this season but if they don't get rid of Moshiri they will go eventually. Probably next season because he isn't going to find a buyer for the price he wants (£500m).

If it could happen to us it can happen to them.

Only God knows.

Moshiri?

I thought Villa were great and beating Forest, for me, made it all the more sweet. If I could see them and Palace go down I'd be one happy Easter bunny. Emery deserves all the possible credit - Villa on course for Europe? Who ever would have thunk it?

Everton's owner is Farhad Moshiri.

Only God knows.

And he's going to sell the club for 500 mill? Sure that's only equivalent to maybe six or eight top players.

No, he wants £500m and he's got no chance of getting it. Everton are in a mess, in financial trouble and need to pay off the new stadium. I'll eat my own cock if he sells them for £500m. Nobody is going to pay that.

Only God knows.

I remembered Arsenal's lead margin as being bigger... Now they're most likely screwed. Six points, City has a game in hand and Arsenal has to play City away, where they'll get destroyed

City aren't beyond slipping but they're at the top of their game now so fat chance

I don't think it's over but they blew a great chance today. They can't afford any more slip ups.

At times like this, I miss Goofle.

Only God knows.

BTW this is our new crest, it will be used from next month.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2022/november/10/aston-villa-fans-vote-on-new-club-crest/

Thoughts.

Only God knows.

#41 Apr 10, 2023, 01:25 PM Last Edit: Apr 10, 2023, 01:27 PM by Trollheart
Quote from: jimmy jazz on Apr 09, 2023, 10:01 PMNo, he wants £500m and he's got no chance of getting it. Everton are in a mess, in financial trouble and need to pay off the new stadium. I'll eat my own cock if he sells them for £500m. Nobody is going to pay that.

I still don't get it. Even a full squad of shitty players would be more than that on their own surely? Then there's all the club infrastructure, the stadium, the staff to be paid, all the merch - you're telling me all of this is valued at less than 500 million? Really? What's Leeds worth? Brighton? Newcastle?

Re the crest: how's that going to look on the shirt? Any images of it on one? Looks like it will blend in, seem almost transparent. Can't say at first look I like it at all.

Quote from: Trollheart on Apr 10, 2023, 01:25 PM
Quote from: jimmy jazz on Apr 09, 2023, 10:01 PMNo, he wants £500m and he's got no chance of getting it. Everton are in a mess, in financial trouble and need to pay off the new stadium. I'll eat my own cock if he sells them for £500m. Nobody is going to pay that.

I still don't get it. Even a full squad of shitty players would be more than that on their own surely? Then there's all the club infrastructure, the stadium, the staff to be paid, all the merch - you're telling me all of this is valued at less than 500 million? Really? What's Leeds worth? Brighton? Newcastle?

Re the crest: how's that going to look on the shirt? Any images of it on one? Looks like it will blend in, seem almost transparent. Can't say at first look I like it at all.

They're already in about £140m of debt and are making losses of about £100m every year for the past four years (which is why they're in trouble with the league and facing a points deduction). They have to pay £200m for this new stadium. Goodison is probably worth about £10m, it's falling down. How many of the players are on huge, long term contracts? That will mean they will struggle to even give them away for free. I think you are seriously over valuing their squad, they don't have many saleable assets, they sold Richarlison and Gordon already. How are they going to pay these PL wages if they get relegated and lose their PL money?

In short, they're in deep trouble. And Moshiri isn't getting £500m.

Only God knows.

Fair enough. It just didn't seem much, with players - not clubs - these days costing almost 100 million. I know that's the larger clubs and the better players, but still, 10 million for a half-decent player, makes that 1/50 of the price he's asking. I don't have any idea of the cost of a club, I just assumed it would be a lot more than 500 mill. What about the crest on the shirt? Who's our sponsor these days?

#44 Apr 10, 2023, 07:18 PM Last Edit: Apr 10, 2023, 07:21 PM by jadis
Really like Alex Scott as a MOTD2 presenter, wouldn't mind seeing her in Lineker's chair.