Quote from: grindy on May 08, 2024, 06:05 PMI think jogging wouldn't be such an issue but we live in hilly terrain and cycling can be a bit challenging, especially for someone as inexperienced as us.

20 rep sets sound horrible btw. I know JJ has promoted high rep leg training and he's way too swole for me to criticize him but overall the consensus seems to be (and I fully agree) that going much above 10 reps for squat type movements isn't great because you'll probably stop due to exhaustion but not due to closeness to muscular failure.

Yes. But I'm also unsure if I need my legs more swollen. More endurance / stamina is definitely something I need, so my focus is shifting a little away from the H-word.

Edit:

And yes, it is a bit awful even as a relatively light workout.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Guybrush on May 08, 2024, 06:42 PMYes. But I'm also unsure if I need my legs more swollen. More endurance / stamina is definitely something I need, so my focus is shifting a little away from the H-word.

Edit:

And yes, it is a bit awful even as a relatively light workout.

Honestly not sure whether I could do 20 reps with 60. More likely yes than no, but certainly unpleasant. So props.

Past few days have been down for me because of a fever. I couldn't go three days in a row without going to the gym so I went today and only did cardio. I'm starting to feel better but not 100% yet. I took down the intesity to 5 instead of the normal 10 I do on the elliptical. I might try out cycling on the machines. I have yet to do that at the gym.

I made sure to spray down everything before and after because I don't want anyone catching my symptoms.

Normally I only spray down after and not so much before using a machine.

I don't recall if I have asked this before but for those that go to a gym do you wipe down every machine you use before AND after?

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: grindy on May 08, 2024, 07:29 PMHonestly not sure whether I could do 20 reps with 60. More likely yes than no, but certainly unpleasant. So props.

Give it a go and see if you like it mate.

Also thanks for the compliment. Genuinely means a lot.

Only God knows.

@DJChameleon if I trained in a gym I definitely would. Mainly just cos the thought of other people's sweat is not very nice.

As I train at home, I don't bother.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on May 10, 2024, 12:37 AM@DJChameleon if I trained in a gym I definitely would. Mainly just cos the thought of other people's sweat is not very nice.

As I train at home, I don't bother.

I agree but like one time I was in a class and I told this chick don't bother wiping off it's okay and I got on the machine after her. She was fine!

Quote from: DJChameleon on May 10, 2024, 02:50 AMI agree but like one time I was in a class and I told this chick don't bother wiping off it's okay and I got on the machine after her. She was fine!

Sure. If you had strenuous sex with her, her sweat might come on you and you probably wouldn't mind.

It'd be different if it was George Costanza on there, I imagine.

Quote from: DJChameleon on May 10, 2024, 02:50 AMI agree but like one time I was in a class and I told this chick don't bother wiping off it's okay and I got on the machine after her. She was fine!

😂 You dirty dirty man.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on May 10, 2024, 02:52 PM😂 You dirty dirty man.

Fast forward a few months later and she's currently my masseuse that I visit once a month. I just saw her a few days ago for a facial and a wax job.

I think next week I'm going to take the week off of my normal schedule and just do cardio all week. I'm going to explore all the different types of cardio machines in the gym except that devil stairmaster.

I'm still not 100% healthy yet lingering fever symptoms but I'm good enough to be in the gym.

Getting a small break because my wife's parents are visiting and we're spending the weekend at the family cabin.

So might not get a workout in until Sunday or even Monday.

Yaargh!! It feels so wrong.