1 (100%)
The Harder They Fall (2021)
0 (0%)
The Unforgiven (1992)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: Sep 29, 2023, 11:28 AM

DJ!! ❤️

Of course I know The Changeling from before and I absolutely LOVE it. I've seen it many times 🙂

I also think it would be a great movie for the film club and wouldn't mind rewatching as it's been a few years now.

Happiness is a warm manatee

I gave Forbidden Zone a shot. Went in kind of blind not knowing what to expect. It felt like a fever dream, but I guess that was the intention. It also felt like I was watching something from the late-night hours of Adult Swim. I can tell Adult Swim creators definitely took inspiration from this movie. I swore I was watching like Tim and Eric Awesome show at one point. My wife got sucked into it 10 minutes in and she's game to watch it again because of how absurd it is. I'm surprised honestly because she doesn't like musicals and there were a number of scenes where they broke out into song.

I'm going to watch The Changeling either this weekend or Monday night and report back.

I was this cool the whole time.

Haha, it only gets better with subsequent viewings 😄 and it probably helps that I like all the old timey jazz they stole as well.

Unless we get more suggestions, I think we'll just announce The Changeling as next week's movie to watch.

Film clubbers!

Movie of the week is The Changeling from 1980.

The movie was directed by Peter Medak and stars George C. Scott as a widower who rents an old mansion with a sordid past.

The movie is rightly considered a CLASSIC in the haunted house genre, being both creepy and presenting the viewer with a compelling mystery and fine performances.

You are encouraged to watch it at your leisure and I'll create a thread for discussing it 🙂

I'll also take suggestions for the next movie if you have!

#34 May 31, 2023, 12:29 AM Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 11:56 AM by Guybrush
I thought I'd suggest Welcome to the Dollhouse from 1995 as the next movie.

This is the movie that launched the career of director Todd Solondz.

I've not seen it, but I have seen his movie Happiness a couple of times and I like that a lot. He seems like a filmmaker who is unafraid of controversy and with a quirky sense for that mixture of tragedy and comedy, so I'm guessing teenage angst and alienation is something he can do well.

I don't know what this is about other than I think it's a tragic comedy about a teenager outcast who probably have problems with love, her own family and the people at school, etc.. Who knows 🤷

Critics and audiences seem to like it.

Interesting.

When I saw the title of this I thought it was similar to that Jessica Alba tv series that came out Dollhouse like maybe this was the source material that lead them to making the tv show but maybe it's not.

I'd like to suggest two modern Westerns. I know one is a remake but I loved it. I'm in the mood to watch westerns made after 2000.

The Harder They Fall(2021) and 310 to Yuma(2007).

I also watched True Grit today too.

In that case, I'll throw The Unforgiven into the ring as well 🙂 (it's a Clint Eastwood western).

Will set up the poll tomorrow!

#38 Jun 05, 2023, 05:56 PM Last Edit: Jun 10, 2023, 10:48 AM by Guybrush
Hey guys :)

I just set the poll up in this thread. Hope that's fine. You'll find it at the top of the page!

Here are the contestants:

Poll will run until sunday.

I've withdrawn my vote / suggestion for Welcome to the Dollhouse. The reason is I've already seen it (couldn't wait) and so I won't vote for it. However, it IS great and I will recommend it and I wrote a small review in the latest movies thread.

I'm going to get around to watching the Dollhouse flick. I have just been incredibly swamped this week at work.

There's a stupid tie in our poll which probably stems from me and DJ being the only voters 😄

Could we get some assistance settling it?

If it's not resolved in a couple of days, I guess we can just go with two movies 🙂

Yeah, I was thinking let's just watch both since it's just the two of us lol.

Maybe give ourselves until next Saturday to complete watching the two of them July 8th.

Let's do it! Although I won't be able to watch 3:10 to Yuma in a while on account of being on vacation, but I have seen it before.. still want a rewatch 🙂

I should be able to watch it before Saturday 15th.

Okay that's fine no need to rush since it's just the two of us currently in the club take your time and enjoy your vacation.

Back from vacay! We got busy watching other movies and tonight's The Room-time, but I got 3:10 to Yuma lined up for tomorrow 🙂