Before you say anything, Mean Girls is actually unironically one of my favorite movies of all time. It's a mixture of absolute absurdity mixed with some pretty clever writing that really makes it for me. Plus, I'm a big fan of quotes that can carry a movie long after its relevant. For example: Why should Caesar get to stomp around like a giant, while the rest of us try not to get smushed under his big feet? What's so great about Caesar? Hmm? Brutus is just as cute as Caesar. Brutus is just as smart as Caesar. People totally like Brutus just as much as they like Caesar. And when did it become okay for one person to be the boss of everybody, huh? Because that's not what Rome is about. We should totally just stab Caesar!

I know a lot of people think this movie is trash, but genuinely I would watch this over a lot of other movies because I know it can make me laugh no matter what. Plus, tomorrow is October 3rd so it only seemed fitting to make a Mean Girls post. 

I saw it in theaters; loved it back then and still love it. Nothing wrong with that, it's a great movie and a fun little 2000s time capsule. I was in high school myself at the time, and I remember a funny moment when I was talking to a guy I was friendly with about the movie and I asked if he liked it. I said I thought it was a really funny and clever movie and he just said "yeah I liked it, those girls were totally hot".

That conversation is funny to look back on, like it makes sense that I realized I was trans a couple months later, haha.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Oct 02, 2023, 05:44 PMI saw it in theaters; loved it back then and still love it. Nothing wrong with that, it's a great movie and a fun little 2000s time capsule. I was in high school myself at the time, and I remember a funny moment when I was talking to a guy I was friendly with about the movie and I asked if he liked it. I said I thought it was a really funny and clever movie and he just said "yeah I liked it, those girls were totally hot".

That conversation is funny to look back on, like it makes sense that I realized I was trans a couple months later, haha.

The scene where Cady falls into the trash can when walking with her friends through the hallway is my high school in a nutshell lol

Quote from: Key on Oct 02, 2023, 06:17 PMThe scene where Cady falls into the trash can when walking with her friends through the hallway is my high school in a nutshell lol

My high school in a nutshell was more like me and my emo kid friends wearing all black and sulking in a corner and hating the world.

So definitely a different experience since we never cared about impressing the popular kids. We wore our loserdom like armor.

I've never seen Mean Girls. But, uhm.. I might check it out.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Guybrush on Oct 02, 2023, 07:39 PMI've never seen Mean Girls. But, uhm.. I might check it out.

It's Must See TV or movie I should say.

Don't feel awkward about Mean Girls being your favorite. I feel like it's a cult classic and there are a load of Mean Girls fans out there.

I was this cool the whole time.

Can confirm. Great film. When it cames to Lohan though, I think I like Freaky Friday more. Probably nostalgia though.

Quote from: SGR on Oct 03, 2023, 12:43 AMCan confirm. Great film. When it cames to Lohan though, I think I like Freaky Friday more. Probably nostalgia though.

I liked that movie too, though I haven't seen it since I saw it in theaters. Love me some JLC.

Apparently they're working on a sequel as of this year. Maybe I'll see that for the nostalgia.