Anyone excited for the new season of the show coming out in June? What's your favorite episode of the show so far? What technologial possibility do you find most terrifying?

I'm excited! I think my favorite episode is probably "Be Right Back". I don't know which technological possibility I find most terrifying, but I do know which episode I found most disturbing: "Shut Up and Dance".

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Quote from: Janszoon on Jun 01, 2023, 12:34 AMI'm excited! I think my favorite episode is probably "Be Right Back". I don't know which technological possibility I find most terrifying, but I do know which episode I found most disturbing: "Shut Up and Dance".

It really was terrifying. Damn, the whole episode had me feeling bad for the main character...until the plot twist at the end...

San Junipero is definitely my favorite of the show overall. Shut up and Dance was so unremarkable to me I don't even remember it. I will have to watch it again.

I wouldn't say Nosedive is the most terrifying but it makes me mad and showcases a tiny glimpse in the social credit system that is already going on in China.

I was this cool the whole time.

Did anyone else watch the most recent season?

Also what were your favorite episodes?

I feel like the first two were dope and the last episode but I didn't like any other one.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Aug 05, 2023, 02:18 PMDid anyone else watch the most recent season?

Also what were your favorite episodes?

I feel like the first two were dope and the last episode but I didn't like any other one.
Yes this how I feel too. Joan is Awful, Loch Henry and Demon 79 were good, but the other two were largely forgettable.
Demon 79 was particularly grim yet funny. And the racial tension in the episode is unfortunately becoming familiar again.

As regards all-time favourite episodes, probably Hang the DJ and San Junipero. Both are episodes that mess with your head and your heart.

That
Spoiler
Werewolf
[close]
episode was a new low for the series, but I mostly liked the rest of them. It might be better than the last season, but only marginally.

Joan Is Awful was the best one.

I hope they continue in the direction of Red Mirror by focusing more so on Supernatural stuff. I feel like they have exhausted technology-esque stories or maybe they are just bored with coming up with stories focused on it. Red Mirror would be so cool imo.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Aug 23, 2023, 11:09 PMI hope they continue in the direction of Red Mirror by focusing more so on Supernatural stuff. I feel like they have exhausted technology-esque stories or maybe they are just bored with coming up with stories focused on it. Red Mirror would be so cool imo.

I disagree, but to each his own.

I feel like there's enough supernatural content and shows already that it wouldn't play well in terms of Black Mirror's identity or strengths. I don't want Black Mirror to become another soulless yearly cash grab like American Horror Story did. If they're out of ideas for tech dystopia, they should just end it.

Quote from: SGR on Aug 23, 2023, 11:30 PMI disagree, but to each his own.

I feel like there's enough supernatural content and shows already that it wouldn't play well in terms of Black Mirror's identity or strengths. I don't want Black Mirror to become another soulless yearly cash grab like American Horror Story did. If they're out of ideas for tech dystopia, they should just end it.

That's why it would be Red Mirror and not Black Mirror. They would end Black Mirror and do the supernatural stuff under the Red Mirror label which you wouldn't have to support. I'm sure they would gain additional fans for the ones that tap out because they aren't interested or bored with supernatural stuff.

We're only at season 2 or so. I saw the White Christmas episode with Jon Hamm like a week ago and it was actually very good. I was impressed with the writing and the ending seemed properly hellish.

Happiness is a warm manatee