Yeah, ok Young Sheldon.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-england-nottinghamshire-65888114

This seems very strange. Three dead bodies found in the early hours, then three injured in an attack with a vehicle and the incidents are linked?

Very sad and strange.

Only God knows.

Quote from: Nimbly9 on Jun 15, 2023, 12:07 AMGuess the "conspiracy theorists" won this time ya'll.

Wuhan lab scientists researching coronavirus were the first to contract COVID-19: report

This must just be a coincedence - easily explainable by the fact that those Wuhan scientists were more likely than most to go down the street from the lab to eat some of that bat soup from the wet market that actually contained the virus.

Quote from: SGR on Jun 15, 2023, 01:37 AMThis must just be a coincedence - easily explainable by the fact that those Wuhan scientists were more likely than most to go down the street from the lab to eat some of that bat soup from the wet market that actually contained the virus.

The source cited in that article is "an investigation by journalists Michael Shellenberger and Matt Taibbi published on the Substack newsletter Public." That doesn't exactly fill me with confidence about its validity.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

#922 Jun 16, 2023, 06:56 PM Last Edit: Jun 16, 2023, 07:03 PM by SGR
Quote from: Janszoon on Jun 15, 2023, 12:13 PMThe source cited in that article is "an investigation by journalists Michael Shellenberger and Matt Taibbi published on the Substack newsletter Public." That doesn't exactly fill me with confidence about its validity.

FBI Director Christopher Wray publicly acknowledged the most likely source of the virus was a lab leak (along with others in our government). So the idea that the labworkers would be the first ones to be infected doesn't seem like much of a stretch to me.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/28/politics/wray-fbi-covid-origins-lab-china/index.html

At the time this all went down, US intelligence agencies and corporate talking heads all dismissed the idea as a conspiracy theory. Social media companies would even censor posts positing the idea as true. They, mostly successfully, managed to gaslight the US public on the origins of this virus that ravaged our country. Probably because many of these corporations/social media platforms make so much money with China, if our government had come out at the time and pointed the finger at the mishandling of a lab-grown virus by the Chinese government, the Chinese government probably would've been pissed and a lot of money probably would've been lost. Not to mention, American grants/funds went to that lab, so it would make our government look bad too.

The idea that anyone thought it was more likely that this virus was naturally occuring, and its origin point was a dirty Chinese wet market rather than the Wuhan Virology Lab studying and working on these exact viruses right down the street will never cease to amaze me. This strategy has worked for our government (and many others I'm sure) in the past. At first, you cover up the truth from your people, because if they knew the truth, they'd understandably be absolutely pissed. Then, after a long period of suffering and silence, let the truth slowly come out. By that point, when Americans finally do get the truth, they mostly don't care: "The government lied us into a war?!? Wait...you're talking about the one from 20 (40, 60) years ago? Oh, well yeah, that's unfortunate. The latest report I read though says they identified and corrected mistakes in their operating procedure that allowed this to happen, and that it won't happen again in the future..."

Quote from: SGR on Jun 16, 2023, 06:56 PMFBI Director Christopher Wray publicly acknowledged the most likely source of the virus was a lab leak (along with others in our government). So the idea that the labworkers would be the first ones to be infected doesn't seem like much of a stretch to me.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/28/politics/wray-fbi-covid-origins-lab-china/index.html

Wray certainly seems like a better source. It makes me wonder why the NY Post decided to lead with a Substack newsletter reference.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Quote from: Janszoon on Jun 17, 2023, 03:35 AMWray certainly seems like a better source. It makes me wonder why the NY Post decided to lead with a Substack newsletter reference.

I think it's because the Substack source/investigation is the only one making the claims (currently at least) that the lab workers were the first ones to have the virus. They did, in the NY Post article, link to Wray's claim that the virus most likely originated in a lab, but that is relatively old news. 

Quote from: Janszoon on Jun 17, 2023, 03:35 AMWray certainly seems like a better source. It makes me wonder why the NY Post decided to lead with a Substack newsletter reference.

The only sense in which the FBI director is a good source on anything is that once he is forced to acknowledged something potentially uncomfortable it means that deniability is no longer plausible.

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

^ the most normal and least sexually perverted greek guy

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

Fucking hell @Toy Revolver didn't know you were Greek.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Jun 17, 2023, 05:12 PMFucking hell @Toy Revolver didn't know you were Greek.

Aww, TR just gave 'em a little tug, that's all 👌

Happiness is a warm manatee