Quote from: Psy-Fi on Jun 06, 2023, 12:22 PMCall me a skeptic but I say there's no way that wasn't staged. :laughing:

I thought the exact same thing.

And people are like skinwalkers and wendigos.. fucking idiots :laughing:

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Guybrush on Jun 07, 2023, 11:44 PMI thought the exact same thing.

And people are like skinwalkers and wendigos.. fucking idiots :laughing:

Same here. :laughing:

This is what you want. This is what you get.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/65843586

QuoteSix people, including four children, have been injured in a knife attack in a park in the French alpine town of Annecy

The victims are as young as three, according to French reports which say two children and a man are in a life-threatening condition

The attacker, who was shot and then arrested, is a Syrian man aged 31 with refugee status in Sweden, police say

Only God knows.

Maryland funeral home owner charged in murder at child's burial

QuoteA D.C. mother was trying to bury her 10-year-old daughter after a shooter killed the child on Mother's Day — but a deadly shooting carried out by the funeral home owner interrupted her burial service, police and the mother said.

The mother of Arianna Davis, Antionette Belk, said the shooting at Washington National Cemetery on Tuesday killed a family friend, injured a family member and prevented her from seeing her child's casket get lowered into the ground.

"I'm so traumatized that this happened at my daughter's burial site. I didn't even get to lay her down, even to put her in the ground, and another incident happened. This is so traumatizing to me, my children, my whole family. It's trauma after trauma," Belk told News4 on Wednesday.

As the burial ceremony was getting underway in Suitland, Maryland, the owner of the funeral home providing burial services clashed with two people affiliated with a second funeral home with whom he had a long-standing business dispute, police said in an update Wednesday.

"I own this body!" Wilson Chavis yelled, according to Belk.

He spit on the preacher, the grieving mother said.

Several attendees of the burial confronted Chavis. He pulled out a gun, fired two shots and drove away from the cemetery, police said.

Minutes later, police pulled him over and took him into custody.

^This actually happened? It reads like dark comedy.

Only in the US, I guess 😬

Quote from: Guybrush on Jun 10, 2023, 09:27 AM^This actually happened? It reads like dark comedy.

Only in the US, I guess 😬

Yeah, that one is more bizarre than usual but, unfortunately, shootings at funerals and "celebration of life" gatherings are becoming somewhat common in the U.S.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-65845186

QuoteA mountain rescuer has carried a 100kg (220lb) barbell on his shoulders up Ben Nevis to raise money for motor neurone disease (MND) research.

This is an absolutely remarkable achievement. What a machine.

Only God knows.

A barbell sounds like one of those things you smack in order to get the receptionist's attention. Ya know, the one that goes DUNG!!

Why would they make a 100 kg one? It makes no god damned sense.

Anyone catch this story? Just crazy. So happy the kids made it out alive. I probably wouldn't last one night in a Colombian jungle, let alone 40!

4 children who survived for 40 days in the Colombian jungle recover as details emerge

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Jun 12, 2023, 05:27 PM

That's horrible to hear.

Also, what a weird choice for a headline. Chernobyl is already Ukraine's "Chernobyl".

California child prodigy accepts software engineering job at SpaceX

QuoteOne of the newest employees at SpaceX has been described as a child prodigy who skipped elementary school and will graduate from college this week at the tender age of 14.

The spacecraft manufacturer offered a software engineering position to Kairan Quazi a month ago, according to an excerpt from an email from the company the teenager posted on Instagram. The Bay Area teenager, who is set to graduate this week from Santa Clara University, will be moving with his mother to Redmond, Washington, next month, so he can take up the SpaceX job, according to a post on LinkedIn.

Kairan said he's excited to join SpaceX, in part because it was "one of the rare companies that did not use my age as an arbitrary and outdated proxy for maturity and ability."

SpaceX will not need to obtain special permission to bring the youngster on board, as he meets the minimum legal age to work under Washington state law.

Quote"one of the rare companies that did not use my age as an arbitrary and outdated proxy for maturity and ability."

This part definitely makes him sound like a 14 year old though. :laughing: