Quote from: Psy-Fi on May 26, 2023, 03:46 PMGoogle removes 'Slavery Simulator' game amid outrage in Brazil

:laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:

Reminds me of that gym who advertised on Facebook about their slavery fitness course.

They said 'slavery was tough and so is this course' 😂

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-54446293

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on May 26, 2023, 06:14 PM:laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:

Reminds me of that gym who advertised on Facebook about their slavery fitness course.

They said 'slavery was tough and so is this course' 😂

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-54446293

Speaking of inappropriate advertising related to slavery...

Is that the Netflix documentary?

Only God knows.

Missing fraudster Melissa Caddick determined dead after severed foot discovered

Quotea coroner has ruled that it was unlikely she severed her own foot in order to go on the run

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/neuralink-elon-musks-brain-implant-firm-says-u-s-approves-human-tests/

QuoteNeuralink, Elon Musk's brain-implant company, said it received approval from the Food and Drug Administration to conduct human clinical trials.

Musk's startup is developing a small device that will link the brain to a computer, consisting of electrode-laced wires. Placing the device requires drilling into the skull.

nope

Terrifying stuff. I'm sure all his conservative fanboys will be lining up for it. They're against vaccines, but getting brainchipped is just fine as long as it's by a fellow conservative I guess. If a liberal tried this, they'd be all "we'll be mind controlled by the woke brain virus!!!"

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Bill Gates is essentially pushing the brainchipping thing too so pretty sure this is a case where both sides are getting played.

as if bill gates is 'the other side's' millionaire

Yeah as if anyone on the modern left/liberal end would embrace being brainchipped by Bill Gates, lmao.

For the record I think anyone who would go along with that, on any "side" is a silly goose. It's just funnier to think about the "side" that bitched and moaned relentlessly about vaccines potentially going along with this because Musky is behind it.

i wonder what it will feel like

#866 May 28, 2023, 01:24 AM Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 01:27 AM by SGR
Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on May 28, 2023, 12:30 AMYeah as if anyone on the modern left/liberal end would embrace being brainchipped by Bill Gates, lmao.

For the record I think anyone who would go along with that, on any "side" is a silly goose. It's just funnier to think about the "side" that bitched and moaned relentlessly about vaccines potentially going along with this because Musky is behind it.

You know, it wasn't too long ago that there was more vocal opposition to vaccines on the left than the right (although there's been proponents from both sides). RFK Jr., a democrat, is a remnant of that time. It's kind of a curious cultural phenomenon and shift that the anti-corporate/anti-big pharma left now seems to be the most pro-vaccine, while the right, who seemed to be less vocal in supporting the anti-vaccine cause in the past are assigned most of the blame for how popular the sentiment seems to be today. I know it probably happened during Covid, but I'm still not entirely sure how it happened. Here's an article about the issue from 2014:

https://www.realclearscience.com/journal_club/2014/10/20/are_liberals_or_conservatives_more_anti-vaccine_108905.html

Also, I think you're either being hyperbolic for effect, or are a bit out of touch with the thinking of the modern day American right if you think it's even remotely likely that they'll be lining up in droves for this just because they might like Musk.  :laughing:

QuoteYou know, it wasn't too long ago that there was more vocal opposition to vaccines on the left than the right 

totally

it used to be weird granola types

letting their kids get measles and shit

it was liberals who were all bought in on the vaccines cause autism shit

i think most of the FAR left and right are both vehemently anti-vaccine mandate

i also never heard anyone as pro-vaccine as i am

i think they should be forced at gunpoint

i also think that people who wouldn't quarantine should've been shot

could've saved nearly a million lives in america alone

Oh, for sure. I wasn't saying I definitely thought the right would be down with it, I just think it would be absolutely hilarious if they did.

And yeah, I'm familiar with the more left leaning antivax movement. I'm pretty into new age music and a lot of the people in that scene got into stuff like homeopathy and other pseudoscience that often includes being antivax. The shift definitely happened during Covid.

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on May 28, 2023, 01:40 AMOh, for sure. I wasn't saying I definitely thought the right would be down with it, I just think it would be absolutely hilarious if they did.

And yeah, I'm familiar with the more left leaning antivax movement. I'm pretty into new age music and a lot of the people in that scene got into stuff like homeopathy and other pseudoscience that often includes being antivax. The shift definitely happened during Covid.

i've met people who at least claimed they wouldn't take penicillin even if they had syphilis