I collect music, don't love talking about it. My favorite band is Tones On Tail. I don't care for jazz fusion or math rock. Anything with an odd meter sucks except for 23 Skidoo. I love Daniel Johnston.

Welcome to our newest member @tuantuan 🙂

How did you find us?

Happiness is a warm manatee

@Four Fuxake .. how very droll.

Welcome to our forums  :love:

Quote from: larsvsnapster on Nov 08, 2023, 07:01 PMIf I were to say I'd feel really bad and may leave out of embarrassment.  I will give you one hint though -- I spent the vast majority of the 00's as Genesis P-Orridge's PA.  His main source of income was as a landlord in Bushwick, Queens, and I acted as property manager.  One time I asked him if his fans scared him as much as mine have the potential to scare me and he said "oh god, yes!" 

That must have been very interesting to have lived that close in proximity to those people in particular.  I can't say much about what I've heard of what kinds of people they were, but they were definitely tapped into another plane entirely of consciousness.  Coil's music I've been obsessed with in particular, as well as Psychic TV and Throbbing Gristle for a very long time now.  Coil is one of my primary influences on my own work.

I respect your anonymity and will not look further into who you might be, but I'm very interested in talking further with you about your views on art and life :) hope u stick around

"I own the mail" or whatever Elph said

u shud eat like at least two golf ball sized fists of dirt every day RETurn to S  O  I  L!!!1!

Hi there. Someone mentioned this forum on another forum that was quite dead so I figured I'd check it out. I love a diverse range of music genres including jazz , classical, psychedelic and prog rock. I tend to enjoy instrumental music mostly. Ive been playing guitar for about 37 yrs and bass for about 10, though I put it down for awhile. I may pick it up again.
  Current music favorites are pop bands Temples, jazz guitarist Julian Lage, Gustav Mahler's Symphonies, jazz pianist Michael Wollny (especially his use of dissonance on his album "Ghosts" ).

"Jason...life is an illusion, and when the illusion of life falls away, the problems that you had in that life will be easier to see and to deal with"  -  God

Quote from: Four Fuxake on Jan 21, 2024, 02:39 AMHi there. Someone mentioned this forum on another forum that was quite dead so I figured I'd check it out. I love a diverse range of music genres including jazz , classical, psychedelic and prog rock. I tend to enjoy instrumental music mostly. Ive been playing guitar for about 37 yrs and bass for about 10, though I put it down for awhile. I may pick it up again.
  Current music favorites are pop bands Temples, jazz guitarist Julian Lage, Gustav Mahler's Symphonies, jazz pianist Michael Wollny (especially his use of dissonance on his album "Ghosts" ).

Welcome! I love Julian Lage! Nice to have another fan here. I know Wollny by name but not sure I really heard him. Gotta check him out.

Hello All,
Just love many kinds of music but different days I listen to different ones...Love being open to any basically...My other love is Ancestry as I enjoy searching out my Hubs French Ancestors..haha he is not interested though which is a bit of a bug bear to me.....

by the way although I suffer from dyslexia I have at last learned to ignore comments made about my poor writings... Life is too short I say

Quote from: Dianne W on Feb 18, 2024, 11:09 PMby the way although I suffer from dyslexia I have at last learned to ignore comments made about my poor writings... Life is too short I say

ppl focused on accuracy and conformity in writing styles bore me.  They are at best "grammar nazis" and academists, and at worst white supremacists or at least ppl that ignore the roots of why re-education is a thing anyways.

conformity in writing styles is boring bc it is not the way ppl talk, academia forces a certain writing style for the sake of legibility which I kinda understand to some extent but again it's not how ppl actually talk and I hate it.

talk how you can and do, that is the correct way

it's bullshit that AAVE has been attempted to be erased at all, it's honestly a much more fluid way of talking than the more "proper" british royalty speak English

I welcome you here :) sorry for my lack of politics lmao

"I own the mail" or whatever Elph said

u shud eat like at least two golf ball sized fists of dirt every day RETurn to S  O  I  L!!!1!

Welcome back Dianne! I'm ready to learn about the Huguenots for real this time.

Thanks guys for the welcome and apart from my music pleasures my Huguenots interest has just lately taken on new heights. I had been searching for one in particular a Pierre Aumonier born around 1630 when confronted with 10 Volumes of hand written books...all in French and I had struggled to learn English let alone another Language so most of the added stories in these books I will never understand but one I got a rough translation for and I was gobsmacked actually. He was in fact Murdered but one Son Jonas escaped to England. I will share of course the vague story....those that are bored it's fine as just like my Husband he has no interest in History, just move on, pass by haha...

https://archives-deux-sevres-vienne.fr/ark:/28387/vta552a7f2b15e5bb39/daogrp/0/1?id=https%3A%2F%2Farchives-deux-sevres-vienne.fr%2Fark%3A%2F28387%2Fvta552a7f2b15e5bb39%2Fcanvas%2F0%2F62&vx=1274.78&vy=-1624.73&vr=0&vz=6.74201]https://archives-deux-sevres-vienne.fr/ark:/28387/vta552a7f2b15e5bb39/daogrp/0/1?id=https%3A%2F%2Farchives-deux-sevres-vienne.fr%2Fark%3A%2F28387%2Fvta552a7f2b15e5bb39%2Fcanvas%2F0%2F62&vx=1274.78&vy=-1624.73&vr=0&vz=6.7420

Family tales, told in the Aumonier family of Liverpool, tell the story of the old man Pierre Aumonier, resident of La Mothe, husband of Judith Bonnet. He was assaulted and killed by the King's dragoons during the dragonnades around 1685. His son Jonas escaped and fled to Canterbury, where he married Jeanne Fené on 10 February 1686 (between brackets 1687). His age was just 36.

finally a link to what was occurring at that time.

https://museeprotestant.org/en/notice/the-dragonnades-1681-1685/

Well I got up far too early this morning so this post kept me occupied for a while anyways.... :laughing:

Great to see you here, @Dianne W 😊 You are very welcome.

I've never read the story of the dragoneers torturing protestants until they convert to Catholicism before, but that is fascinating. History sure is crazy sometimes.