Would you like a new, less moderated forum for controversial content?

Yes
6 (54.5%)
No
5 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Alright, our new forum called The Abyss is up. It is available to members of the usergroup Divers. To join Divers, click your avatar up top to bring up your personal menu click My Groups and scroll down a bit. There should be a new group there, Divers, that you can join.

See more here: https://scd.community/index.php?topic=241.0

Happiness is a warm manatee

i guess i don't really care but i think if you decide you're not interested, like me, and you don't join, you should be off limits as a subject

i don't want to be a part of it

I'm currently not even sure what should go in there, but I do think that if it turns into something that is going to counter our basic, community minded goals, then it will have to go. We'll see.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Dreams on Mar 20, 2023, 03:24 PMi guess i don't really care but i think if you decide you're not interested, like me, and you don't join, you should be off limits as a subject

i don't want to be a part of it

I think this is fair comment and a not unreasonable request. So any discussion of members - other than the most surface: do you think Dreams would like this, did you see that cool image Dreams put up etc - should be left to the public forum. Alternatively, if someone has an issue and needs to speak about him or any other member not a "Diver", then I think it is only fair to request his (or her) permission.

So we can't talk shit about the people in there who did opt in either? Lol

I'm not trying to whine but i am starting to wonder what it is we can do in this controversial forum that we can't do in the main forum. Like i feel like that necro thread would have been acceptable in the main forum or am i wrong? People who can't take the conflict should just stay away.  Don't tell a man he can't have steak just because a baby can't chew it!

I feel like maybe a use for it would be if a thread gets too heated or derailed by drama you can split that convo off and make a new thread for it in the controversial forum. 

No you can rip any Diver a new one. I never said that. Only those who have decided not to participate are exempted, as it's not fair since they can't see what is being said about them.

Quote from: Trollheart on Mar 21, 2023, 10:35 PMNo you can rip any Diver a new one. I never said that. Only those who have decided not to participate are exempted, as it's not fair since they can't see what is being said about them.

i think it's a bad idea 👎

The votes have been tallied, and it's a clear winner for meh.
So we went with it.
Whether it's a bad idea or not, time will tell. Actually no it won't: time knows we know where it lives, so it'll keep its big yap shut if it knows what's good for it. I'm sure it remembers what happened to the truth. It's out all right, and it ain't getting back in. Dead men have all their writing privileges taken away.

Quote from: Toy Revolver on Mar 21, 2023, 10:38 PM
Quote from: Trollheart on Mar 21, 2023, 10:35 PMNo you can rip any Diver a new one. I never said that. Only those who have decided not to participate are exempted, as it's not fair since they can't see what is being said about them.

how does it affect you if you don't post there? You' sound like a 1990s conservative ranting about metal music at this point. 

Quote from: Jwb on Mar 22, 2023, 03:16 AM
Quote from: Toy Revolver on Mar 21, 2023, 10:38 PM

how does it affect you if you don't post there? You' sound like a 1990s conservative ranting about metal music at this point. 

no you

Honestly bro the new subdued you reminds me of the cuck professor from Who Is America?

Quote from: Jwb on Mar 22, 2023, 04:00 AMHonestly bro the new subdued you reminds me of the cuck professor from Who Is America?

i haven't seen that show but if you say so okay dokey

The chatgpt thread could have been moved into The Abyss but with no OP to contribute it doesn't have much point.

Nothing is lost by having the new sub anyway. Also like the name and the divers thing.  8)

Only God knows.

How many members have actually joined the abyss out of curiosity?

The Word has spoken :D

Shown as, in the memberlist, three. Including you and me, five. That I can see.