Not say, but do - anyone who plays videos/music from their phone on the phone's speaker in a public place where I can't immediately get away from you (e.g. subway, plane, elevator, etc.). These people are public menaces.

Quote from: SGR on Apr 09, 2024, 11:15 PMNot say, but do - anyone who plays videos/music from their phone on the phone's speaker in a public place where I can't immediately get away from you (e.g. subway, plane, elevator, etc.). These people are public menaces.

It's just an updated version of carrying a boombox that was so popular in the late 70s and 80s.

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Apr 09, 2024, 11:16 PMIt's just an updated version of carrying a boombox that was so popular in the late 70s and 80s.

:laughing: Do you do it Deej?

Only God knows.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Apr 09, 2024, 11:16 PMIt's just an updated version of carrying a boombox that was so popular in the late 70s and 80s.

I see where you're coming from, but boomboxes sounded good. Tinny ass phone speakers don't. And the music doesn't bother me as much as random Youtube videos someone is deciding to subject me to. If I'm riding a bus, I don't need to hear some random Youtube jackass debating some other random Youtube jackass on a twitch stream. No one was playing that through their boombox in the 70s and 80s. Again, if you're playing it in McDonald's or while you're walking on the street, I don't care - it's when I can't immediately leave that it pisses me off, and it's just unconscientous.

Quote from: FETCHER. on Apr 09, 2024, 11:02 PMWhy have I never been in this thread before? 😂

I can't wait to contribute now

:laughing:

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Quote from: SGR on Apr 09, 2024, 11:42 PMI see where you're coming from, but boomboxes sounded good. Tinny ass phone speakers don't. And the music doesn't bother me as much as random Youtube videos someone is deciding to subject me to. If I'm riding a bus, I don't need to hear some random Youtube jackass debating some other random Youtube jackass on a twitch stream. No one was playing that through their boombox in the 70s and 80s. Again, if you're playing it in McDonald's or while you're walking on the street, I don't care - it's when I can't immediately leave that it pisses me off, and it's just unconscientous.

You have a point. Some people do choose to use Bluetooth speakers instead of just their phone.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Apr 09, 2024, 11:26 PM:laughing: Do you do it Deej?

No but I feel like doing it this summer with a Bluetooth speaker. I know a guy that walks around with a small one in his hand blasting music. Since I take my booking everywhere. I will get a small one to clip onto my bag.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Apr 09, 2024, 11:48 PMYou have a point. Some people do choose to use Bluetooth speakers instead of just their phone.

No but I feel like doing it this summer with a Bluetooth speaker. I know a guy that walks around with a small one in his hand blasting music. Since I take my booking everywhere. I will get a small one to clip onto my bag.

Which is fine with me, as long as you don't do it while I'm stuck with you in some kind of transport. If you wanna put a boomin' bluetooth speaker in your backpack while you walk on the street, more power to ya! Just don't do it when you're on the bus!  :laughing:

Quote from: SGR on Apr 09, 2024, 11:52 PMWhich is fine with me, as long as you don't do it while I'm stuck with you in some kind of transport. If you wanna put a boomin' bluetooth speaker in your backpack while you walk on the street, more power to ya! Just don't do it when you're on the bus!  :laughing:

:laughing: it has to be done everywhere! I will park my car and specifically ride the bus for this experience. Boomboxes weren't restrained by the streets alone. They were taken onto busses and subway cars too!

Quote from: DJChameleon on Apr 09, 2024, 11:56 PM:laughing: it has to be done everywhere! I will park my car and specifically ride the bus for this experience. Boomboxes weren't restrained by the streets alone. They were taken onto busses and subway cars too!

:laughing:

Not everyone had boomboxes back in the day! Everyone has a phone nowadays!

You do you DJ, but if I catch you playing music or a video on your phone/bluetooth speaker on public transit, I'm gonna come back to this forum and say: "I'm sad to report, but DJ was being really annoying today".  :laughing:

DJ, I will throw your phone in a lake.

What about people on the bus/train/in the street who are talking on the phone and ARE ON SPEAKER!! Why do you need to be on speaker dude/lady? Nobody wants to hear your side of the conversation, never mind the other side too!

Quote from: SGR on Apr 10, 2024, 12:35 AM:laughing:

Not everyone had boomboxes back in the day! Everyone has a phone nowadays!

You do you DJ, but if I catch you playing music or a video on your phone/bluetooth speaker on public transit, I'm gonna come back to this forum and say: "I'm sad to report, but DJ was being really annoying today".  :laughing:

Quote from: Trollheart on Apr 10, 2024, 02:25 AM

I just watched that episode of Picard not long ago and that cracked me up. I didn't realize it was actually the same actor!

I assume it's the same actor.

Starting sentences with 'so' and 'I mean'.

Someone on Reddit asked if they were going to be sacked for posting nudes at work. A reply said

'So you're entitled to a full investigation'

Noticed so many people doing this recently. Why? What does it add? So fucking annoying.

And the 'I mean' users are just as bad.

I mean I find it really annoying. I mean it just is. I mean why not say something else?

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Apr 17, 2024, 06:03 PMStarting sentences with 'so' and 'I mean'.

Someone on Reddit asked if they were going to be sacked for posting nudes at work. A reply said

'So you're entitled to a full investigation'

Noticed so many people doing this recently. Why? What does it add? So fucking annoying.

And the 'I mean' users are just as bad.

I mean I find it really annoying. I mean it just is. I mean why not say something else?

So what you're saying is that you discount the opinions of anyone who does this?

I mean, that sounds like what you're saying.