Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Dec 11, 2023, 10:56 AMYeah, I heard. I understand them trying to stay current, but to me it just feels like it's the kind of slang that will sound really dated really fast and everyone will stop using unironically within a year or two. Maybe I'm wrong.

But then again I'm the kind of person who still says painfully 90s stuff like "effing with my steez" and "hecka wicked dope" so I'm sure there will be people who are coming of age now who will continue to use words like "rizz" even after they stop being a trendy thing to say.

I've noticed that I have been dropping the word "dope" quite often lately and I'm not even sure why.

I was this cool the whole time.

People say pal a lot and I bloody hate it.
Just call me duck for gods sake. 😒

Quote from: Thelonious Monkey on Feb 01, 2024, 01:09 AMPeople say pal a lot and I bloody hate it.

Jeez pal, relax.

Quote from: Thelonious Monkey on Feb 01, 2024, 01:09 AMPeople say pal a lot and I bloody hate it.

DUCK.

Lol you one of those people that say "I'm not your pal,buddy"

Maybe not totally in line with this thread but I hate it when people at work just write me Hi or Hello without outright saying what the fuck they want. Maybe I don't see their message right away, then I have to ask them what they want later on, then I have to wait for their reply... If they just directly said what they needed I would answer them as soon as I could and that'd be it.

Quote from: grindy on Feb 21, 2024, 09:50 AMMaybe not totally in line with this thread but I hate it when people at work just write me Hi or Hello without outright saying what the fuck they want. Maybe I don't see their message right away, then I have to ask them what they want later on, then I have to wait for their reply... If they just directly said what they needed I would answer them as soon as I could and that'd be it.

That reminds me of my old manager. She'd IM me "hey", I'd reply, then she'd forget to ever follow up.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Quote from: Janszoon on Feb 21, 2024, 10:31 AMThat reminds me of my old manager. She'd IM me "hey", I'd reply, then she'd forget to ever follow up.

That sucks. At least my boss communicates properly, but I do have this issue with some other colleagues.

Quote from: grindy on Feb 21, 2024, 10:42 AMThat sucks. At least my boss communicates properly, but I do have this issue with some other colleagues.

Make a grand statement and let everyone in the office know that you don't like it and how they should reply to you so they don't keep doing it over and over again.

Some will take to it while others will continue the pattern but you will have less of them doing it.

Wrong answers only.

Has been annoying me for ages now.

Only God knows.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Feb 21, 2024, 02:18 PMMake a grand statement and let everyone in the office know that you don't like it and how they should reply to you so they don't keep doing it over and over again.

Some will take to it while others will continue the pattern but you will have less of them doing it.

I already put this in my automated message in teams but some people manage to ignore it. Plus I work in a huge company and interact with tons of different people, so it would be pretty difficult to tell it to everyone.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Feb 21, 2024, 02:23 PMWrong answers only.

Has been annoying me for ages now.

I love wrong answers only

Quote from: grindy on Feb 21, 2024, 02:25 PMI already put this in my automated message in teams but some people manage to ignore it. Plus I work in a huge company and interact with tons of different people, so it would be pretty difficult to tell it to everyone.

Oh okay, well just copy paste the message to each single person that messages with just "hi" or "hey". It will be more tedious but at least you will interact with the people that are directly messaging you.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Feb 21, 2024, 02:29 PMI love wrong answers only

Oh okay, well just copy paste the message to each single person that messages with just "hi" or "hey". It will be more tedious but at least you will interact with the people that are directly messaging you.

I'd kinda want to do that but I also like not to be a persnickety dick to people so I probably won't. Our German locations already have the reputation of being somewhat overbearing and annoying in the eyes of some international colleagues.

TIL that gen alpha is saying "fax, no printer" instead of just "facts".

It's kind of weird and I feel like it's super cringe.