Quote from: jadis on May 30, 2023, 02:56 PMNah I both prefer going to the gym and have no space/money to set up anything resembling a home gym in the apartment we rent. Right now I'm really happy with the gym I found, it's not a chain gym like Planet Fitness or whatever you guys have and you get a personal program and supervision.

I did get a set of dumbbells during the pandemic but never had a bench press rack. I naturally prefer having people around to spot me. But it's cool that you can do it alone and have the awareness to not get yourself injured. 

Yeah the gym that I go to isn't a chain gym either. I refuse to go to Planet Fitness.

My trainer gave me homework. Everyday he wants me to do 18 mins of jumping rope with a weighted jump rope. 3 min intervals like I'm boxing and 30 second rest in between.  He was slapping my arms every time I stopped while I was jumping rope today. He's like if I'm swinging the rope then he can't touch me. He was pretty much training me like I'm a boxer I felt like. It was rough though. I was at the end of all of the other chest workouts we did so I was winded.

I was this cool the whole time.

Another 3 mile run + a hooping session.

https://twitter.com/shhon_
May 9th, 2024

Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence

What's wrong with Planet Fitness?

I'm gonna guess it's full of 20something women kitted out in the latest expensive gym gear but who don't actually do anything other than take pics for Insta and sip water from massive bottles, sit on the exercise bikes/walk on the treadmills etc.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on May 30, 2023, 09:25 PMWhat's wrong with Planet Fitness?

I'm gonna guess it's full of 20something women kitted out in the latest expensive gym gear but who don't actually do anything other than take pics for Insta and sip water from massive bottles, sit on the exercise bikes/walk on the treadmills etc.

Sure that happens but it's popular and I just don't want to go to a place that a shit ton of people go to because I don't want to see certain individuals.

Quote from: DJChameleon on May 31, 2023, 01:28 AMSure that happens but it's popular and I just don't want to go to a place that a shit ton of people go to because I don't want to see certain individuals.

Are you one of those people who gets self conscious when others see you train?

If I went to a gym I'd probably go to a shithole bodybuilding gym not one of the fancy ones.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on May 31, 2023, 02:00 AMAre you one of those people who gets self conscious when others see you train?

If I went to a gym I'd probably go to a shithole bodybuilding gym not one of the fancy ones.

No, even though I live in a city. It's a small city similar to how small rural towns are and like everybody knows everybody. So I don't want to physically see certain individuals because shit will pop off and fights will be started.

Cleared off my table, finna bench press the small curl bar I have for max reps (not much weight);
Plus doing some situps;
And squats with a 25lb kettlebell;
Going to track how many reps, situps, and squats I do;
Still going to run and train for the Bix race too but just didn't feel like running today;
Going to stretch my legs a lot too since the squats may make them hella sore if I don't;

Going to use this photo as my master photo for now;

May 9th, 2024

Big fan of the Internet

Going to blog every other day about my fitness progress, switching my blog up to random thoughts blog where I blog about my fitness journey.
Sore today, going for a run later, but back to lifting that curl bar tomorrow as many times as I can. So then another blog on June 3rd of June 2nd's progress.
Not that many reps but it is day 1 also, I'll get my numbers up within a week or so.

May 9th, 2024

Big fan of the Internet

@Mindy what is your goal?

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Jun 01, 2023, 04:24 PM@Mindy what is your goal?
Just be more active and get my body into top-level fitness, going to do one-day lifting, the next day running, then lifting, the next day resting, and just a run. Going to blog 15 times this month  :shycouch:

My main goal is probably to run 7 miles straight under an hour, but Im pretty far from that right now. I'm about to go run now
June 1st  rest + run & blog. Thursday.

June 2nd Lift & no blog. Friday.

June 3rd  rest + run & blog results from June 2nd. Saturday.

June 4th Lift & no blog. Sunday.

June 5th rest + run & blog results from June 4th. Monday.

^Going to work on a better diet as I go. But I'm motivated to blog my progress

May 9th, 2024

Big fan of the Internet

May 9th, 2024

Big fan of the Internet

To people who think it is a magic potion then it is a waste of money. It's just a food source. It's easier and more convenient (and probs cheaper) to get 200g of protein a day supplementing with protein powder than if you had to get all of it from sit down meals. If you're athlete or trying to build muscle then it will help. If you're a fat slob who doesn't train and thinks you'll become muscular from drinking 'shakes' then you're wasting your time.

&

Probs gonna deload over the next week. Just feel like a break.

Only God knows.

Quote from: Mindy on Jun 01, 2023, 11:47 PM

Don't listen to this guy, he sucks

And JJ is spot on, it's not a magic potion, it's just convenient

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

Chest and tris.

Superset of pushups, dumbbell flies and then dumbbell press back to back to back with no rest then repeat x 15. That takes about 30 mins with a min rest in between each set. It's the same superset vid I posted a while back from Scooby.

Then for tris I did diamond pushups and dumbbell extensions. 5 sets each exercise.

Only God knows.

@Mindy @Guybrush

Is it possible to merge this thread with the original thread?

The reason I asked for mine to be put in the secret forum was so that people could post progress pics away from lurkers.

I suppose we could just have one joint thread in here and progress pics could be posted in the member picture gallery?

I dunno man.

What do you think?

Only God knows.