Quote from: DJChameleon on Jun 15, 2023, 04:16 AMMuscles inner thigh area

Definitely DOMS but the way you described it didn't sound like it to me. Anyway nothing to worry about. I enjoy DOMS.

Only God knows.

Did some hams today.

Then after that I did this:

Only God knows.

Earlier this year I had a case of stronger than usual DOMS after my trainer added a narrow-grip bench press to the normal wide-grip bench press. For a while I'd be really sleepy the day after chest day, real heavy fatigue in my upper back. But I pushed through it and now the day after chest day is just another day

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

When I'm bench pressing and someone's spotting me and even slightly touching the barbell, just sticks a single finger under it, I'm ever so slightly put out of whack. Like, they have the best of intentions but it's a bit distracting. Anyone else have this?

It's a bit like the butterfly from this Soviet cartoon

I haven't done much in the past week or so  :-[

Hurt my knee badly, been hurting since, I normally don't have knee problems too but the hurt knee is being held together with a screw from surgery back when I was 16 years old.

Looking to get back to running again, miss that the most. Did some situps the other day.

Had plans to blog my progress and I got hurt.

I can still lift, so I have been doing that but I need to focus more on my diet and fasting.

Might try a 24-hour fast, I think Tore mentioned he was fasting, Im going to try 24 hours and go from there.

Thought about cutting some fast off my stomach by doing a protein shake fast, just like a shake every 6 hours or something.

https://twitter.com/shhon_
May 9th, 2024

Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence

What did you do to your knee mate? Originally to end up with the screw and recently to aggravate it?

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Jun 19, 2023, 02:02 PMWhat did you do to your knee mate? Originally to end up with the screw and recently to aggravate it?

When I was in high school playing baseball I ripped my knee apart by landing on it wrong jumping down off a fence. They put a screw in it, then during the military, it never gave me a problem. But recently doing a bunch of squats one day it started hurting, I thought it was just sore from the squats because the rest of my body healed when the knee still hurts.

May 9th, 2024

Big fan of the Internet

That sounds pretty bad.

Only God knows.

I'd think twice about running, I think the received wisdom these days is that it's bad for your knees

Quote from: jadis on Jun 19, 2023, 05:53 PMI'd think twice about running, I think the received wisdom these days is that it's bad for your knees

From what I know of Mindy, he'll probably still run anyway lol.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jadis on Jun 19, 2023, 05:53 PMI'd think twice about running, I think the received wisdom these days is that it's bad for your knees
yeah I'll hold off on running

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Jun 19, 2023, 05:57 PMFrom what I know of Mindy, he'll probably still run anyway lol.
:laughing: nah im holding off because the knee was hurting just sitting and doing nothing.

Going to try a 24 hr fast today. Been wanting to see if I can do a 24 hrs fast.
I just hate how the weather is nice and I am inside not running

May 9th, 2024

Big fan of the Internet

Anyone can do a 24 hours fast 🙂

We recently did a 120 hours (5 days) fast and any normal healthy adult can do that too just fine. It only gets easier after day 3.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Guybrush on Jun 19, 2023, 11:49 PMAnyone can do a 24 hours fast 🙂

We recently did a 120 hours (5 days) fast and any normal healthy adult can do that too just fine. It only gets easier after day 3.
I guess I need to try 2-3 days. I just did 24 hours today and yeah that wasn't that hard.

May 9th, 2024

Big fan of the Internet

I would assume fasting 2-3 days will adversely affect muscle mass, so that may be something to consider btw 🤔

Happiness is a warm manatee

Today was cardio day for me. I did 20 minutes on the elliptical and walked to and from the gym. 45 mins each way.

I did chest yesterday with my trainer.

I was this cool the whole time.