May 01, 2024, 02:49 AM Last Edit: May 06, 2024, 05:35 AM by Janiya

Joy Division was a British rock band formed in 1976 in Salford, Greater Manchester. Ian Curtis (lead vocals and occasional guitar), Bernard Sumner (guitar and keyboards), Peter Hook (bass guitar and backing vocals), and Stephen Morris (drums and percussion).

"I am the son
And the heir
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar"

If you're seeing this post welcome!! I will be rating Joy Division songs one by one day to day, feel free to comment.

1. Love Will Tear Us Apart

I will give this a 10/10. The lyrics was inspired by the lead singer Ian Curtis (lead vocals and occasional guitar) who had difficulties in his marriage. This is one of Joy Division's most well-known and beloved tracks.

"I am the son
And the heir

2. Disorder

I will give this song a 9.5/10 I really enjoyed listening to it. Disorder is the opening track of their debut album "Unknown Pleasures," released in 1979.

"I am the son
And the heir

3. Transmission

I will give this song a 10/10 it's a classic, the vibe is eerie. Transmission is one of Joy Division's most popular song. It was released in 1979 and became one of their signature tracks. The song is known for its energetic and raw sound.

"I am the son
And the heir

4. Shadowplay

I really liked this song another one of my favorite's 10/10. "I was moving through the silence without motion, waiting for you" That's really relatable. The song is known for its driving rhythm, haunting guitar melodies, and introspective lyrics.

"I am the son
And the heir