I didn't imagine there'd be an expert on the Hawaii Stairway to Heaven here, SGR! What you say, and the story of Daylenn Pua looks very interesting.

I completely agree with you: it makes a lot of sense for Hawaii to turn the stairway into a slightly more orderly tourist attraction. Mind you, having said that, I've heard that people born in Hawaii are pretty hostile to tourists and settlers from elsewhere now, on account of there being so many of them, buying up the island's houses, etc.

I'll take a look at your Missing Persons thread, because I like these real-life stories: murders, wildlife adventures gone wrong, etc.

What you desire is of lesser value than what you have found.

As per usual, it's the violent element/right wing groups organising these. It's telling that at the same time a Pro-Palestinian march was taking place and the two traded "chants" (luckily nothing more, as there was a police presence). So what does that tell you? Why would so-called anti-immigrationists have anything against Palestinians who aren't coming to Ireland for sanctuary? The mask slips, and we can see that the real driving force behind this march is right-wing xenophobia and hatred, racism and perhaps zionism? Very odd, you'd have to say, that these people who in general hate the Jews, would actively, as it were, defend them by attacking (only verbally, as I said) their enemies, and essentially supporting them. Just shows you there is no logic to the extreme right.

As for me, I continue to see (and hear) these protests down the road, and now we have up to seventy tents camped out in our city centre, with a major encampment having been broken up by the cops. I guess I'm ambivalent: I still can't say I want the refugees so close to my doorstep, but I couldn't and don't agree with the right-wing anti-immigration rhetoric being spouted by rabble-rousers and agents provacateur on the streets of my city.