Welcome young Guest to the thread about heavy metals, that is metals that are relatively dense and generally poisonous at low concentrations.

How do you feel about them? Is there one you find cool or creepy?

Mercury might be the funkiest for its historical use in laxatives, salves, potions, things given to children etc. Also floating heavy things like lighthouse lenses!

Lead is probably the one that scares me most. It ends up in nature and in food on account of being a metal used in ammo production. They tried banning it here, but the lead bullet lobby brought it back.

Happiness is a warm manatee

My most recent experience with heavy metals was seeing the band Lead Into Gold a few weeks ago.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Quote from: Janszoon on Jun 22, 2023, 09:01 PMMy most recent experience with heavy metals was seeing the band Lead Into Gold a few weeks ago.

I hope they had rubbery alchemy props on stage.

By the way, what does getting the lead out mean? Seems to be something they say in the US.

Quote from: Guybrush on Jun 22, 2023, 09:14 PMI hope they had rubbery alchemy props on stage.

By the way, what does getting the lead out mean? Seems to be something they say in the US.

I think it means "hurry up". I feel like it's car racing related, but I'm not sure. 

Looks like I wrong about the origin. According to Grammarist:

The expression get the lead out is the abbreviated version of two variations of the idiom: get the lead out of your feet or get the lead out of your pants. The term get the lead out came into use in the 1920s, and its popularity zoomed during World War II.

Quote from: Guybrush on Jun 22, 2023, 12:01 AMLead is probably the one that scares me most. It ends up in nature and in food on account of being a metal used in ammo production. They tried banning it here, but the lead bullet lobby brought it back.
I'll see your Lead and raise you Osmium.

Quote from: Gandalf on Jun 22, 2023, 09:35 PMI'll see your Lead and raise you Osmium.

Not sure it's a raise as osmium doesn't present the threat to human health that lead does 🤔

Still a nice, heavy mention ofc 👍

It's quite the threat to human health when dropped on one's noggin  :)

Aluminum metal cus the foil makes a good salmon in the oven

one time i stuck a bunch of rocks into Aluminum cans then flated them just so i can make more money i bet the buyer was mad pissed when he processed them