I believe they're working on a program for one as we speak. GloomBOT I think it's called.

Quote from: Toy Revolver on May 13, 2023, 06:04 PMwell i used to teach history not that makes me an authority or anything but i felt like on some things the truth is the truth - it's not about feelings - a had black students complain about how much a harped on slavery because they felt like it made black people seem weak - i had students that asked indignantly why i focused so much on specific details concerning horrific events

that's what fucking happened that's why

also, and how i got away with it god only knows, i was completely open about my total disgust with america and so on but i told them other people just as smart as me and much smarter than me disagree with me - i'm telling you my OPINION (when it was opinion)

i tried very hard to emphasize that everyone has an angle and it's up to them to figure out what it is but there is no objective history- it's cooked into everything including what i decide to emphasize and that also goes for teachers who pretend they're objective or even mistakenly think they are

one example of something kind of interesting was i had a student who argued that plague deaths in europe were more important than native american plague deaths because europeans had more geopolitical influence and i was like lost futures are just as important in my opinion

her mom came in and i immediately started complimenting her daughter for her excellent engagement and she was like oh i figured you were so liberal you might hold her positions against her and i was like nah it's not like that at all and after that her mom said she was really glad her daughter was in my class

but it doesn't really matter if it's hillary and no child left behind or desantis anti wokism - to me people who don't know shit about what it means to be a good teacher should mind their own fucking business

i know i'll get heat for equating the two but no child left behind was devastating for the lower quartile - black poor disenfranchised students were profoundly hurt

it's not the same politically as directly attacking a minority like desantis but in terms of actual damage no child left behind had a lot more carnage than people realize

As someone who wish he had gone into teaching, I think the number one job of a teacher is to teach the class to the best of his/her knowledge and then let the student make up his/her own mind, so good job there, TR.

As for No Child Left Behind, I think Bush meant well, but he was so clueless.

The Word has spoken :D

Thanks

Yeah Bush...

the reason why i harp on hillary is because my union dues never went to republican campaigns - fucking florida doesn't even have a strike fund - your union dues are basically just monthly donations to the democratic party -

there's no possible way i wouldn't be in the union no matter how flawed i would never choose to not be a part of the united organized labor voice

and many members of the local union hated me because i told them they (we) fucking suck at every meeting

but this clip which might seem innocuous is exactly why i hated hillary so fucking much

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4570013/user-clip-hillary-clinton-iowa-common-core-child-left

you have to understand that everything she's saying can be translated into "we, who are the benevolent and all knowing government will control everything you do in the classroom because we know and the people who are actually in the classroom with the students every day don't understand what to do"

i was infuriated by this shit and why my union dues endorsed politicians who advocated for me to have LESS autonomy

made no fucking sense -

and the union would send emails about totally unrelated shit like abortion or gun control

of course i'm pro-choice but my union is supposed to be fighting for my professional well-being

successful unions like the nba's and the nfl's and airline pilots are all about the members

teachers union is just a branch of the democratic party which as far as i know has never been pro-labor

you also gotta know common core was just a giant money grab for multi billion dollar testing industry

and they are absolute vampires living on the blood of american children

Oh, don't get me started on Hillary. In many ways I blame her and her obsession with power for the mess we're in today. I mean do you think Trump would have beaten anyone else?

She botched up the Clinton health plan with her bible sized rules and regulations. We should have seen her ambition when she was First Lady. She said nasty things about Obama when they ran in 2008 and pulled her own Brian Williams type story over Bosnia (and somehow got away with it). And, of course, something could have happened to Obama much like RFK in 1968.That went over well. Of course she blamed her handlers for everything when she lost.

I'm pretty much a Liberal Democrat with Green leanings, but if Hillary had won the nomination in 2008, I would have voted for McCain. I would have voted for him or Romney in 2016 as well but Trump, well, he we now know how scary he was/is, don't we?

the horrible thing about mccain was giving legitimacy to sarah palin which i think helped trump but you gotta take a little leap of logic with me to get there - it's the circus-afication of the republican party i'm talking about

Quote from: Toy Revolver on May 14, 2023, 05:17 PMthe horrible thing about mccain was giving legitimacy to sarah palin which i think helped trump but you gotta take a little leap of logic with me to get there - it's the circus-afication of the republican party i'm talking about

Of course, had Clinton stolen the 2008 nomination, McCain never would have picked Palin as his running mate, such was the cynicism of the party. He really wanted Lindsey Graham who, as we now know, is just a political animal like the rest of them.

did yall delete my joke about at least lindsay graham probably can give a proper blowjob?

Florida teacher investigated by state agency for showing Disney movie in class

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/local/state/2023/05/14/florida-teacher-investigated-by-desantis-admin-for-showing-disney-film-strange-world/70211841007/

so showing a movie with a gay character is indoctrination but showing movies with straight characters isn't

ok

Right wing fundies think all LGBT people are perverted sexual deviant pedophiles who are coming for the kids. Some are literally saying it out loud now.

If a cis, gender conforming man kisses a cis, gender conforming woman it's fine to show kids, but anything else is sexual grooming to the right, and that's not an exaggeration.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

QuoteRodriguez also said she has called DOE about other issues in the district and believes children should not be "a pawn in the crossfire" of liberal political agendas.

"As a leader in this community, I'm not going to stand by and allow this minority to infiltrate our schools," she said. 

goddamn that's some serious hate

if you watch the tik tok of the teacher they're attacking it's scary

i saw a statistic that there have been over a hundred anti-lgbtq bills introduced this year

i have never seen anything like it -

it's very similar to how hitler started and that's just the truth

#160 May 16, 2023, 09:05 PM Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 09:22 PM by Nimbly9
There's a convo to be had about sexual education in schools but the lawmakers aren't smart enough to engage in that conversation in any kind of meaningful fashion.  They're no better than their worst "woke" opposition in that sense.

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on May 16, 2023, 05:56 PMRight wing fundies think all LGBT people are perverted sexual deviant pedophiles who are coming for the kids. Some are literally saying it out loud now.

Probably because some of the same people publicly advocating hard for LGBTQ+ causes also advocate for MAP as something else to add to that umbrella.  Doesn't mean it'll ever actually happen, but you'd never see a so-called "conservative" sex therapist trying to make that case.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2022/08/prison-sex-therapist-defends-pedophiles-as-minor-attracted-persons-outraging-victim-advocates.html

#161 May 16, 2023, 09:21 PM Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 09:31 PM by Lexi Darling
It's not sexual education though. It's just teaching kids that it's valid and normal for people to have two dads, or that a male assigned classmate started wearing ribbons in her hair and going by she/her pronouns. If that's sexual education then so is talking about cishet relationships or any gendered concepts.

They want to rigidly enforce conformity, the "LGBT are perverted groomers" is a convenient smokescreen.

Edit: and as for the "MAP" thing, that's not actually relevant at all, nobody is defending teaching that to children. And either way the actual LGBT community denounces pedophilia. You can't point to a couple people who say they support LGBT and pedophilia and say it represents LGBT culture. They are a fringe minority at best and 4chan trolls more likely.

#162 May 16, 2023, 09:28 PM Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 09:40 PM by Nimbly9
Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on May 16, 2023, 09:21 PMIt's not sexual education though. It's just teaching kids that it's valid and normal for people to have two dads, or that a male assigned classmate started wearing ribbons in her hair and going by she/her pronouns. If that's sexual education then so is talking about cishet relationships or any gendered concepts.

They want to rigidly enforce conformity, the "LGBT are perverted groomers" is a convenient smokescreen.

Just out of curiosity, in what classes are they teaching kids about the family unit at all? I went through social studies classes and biology classes all through kindergarten, elementary, etc. and I just picked up on the idea of family structure through cultural osmosis.

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on May 16, 2023, 09:21 PMEdit: and as for the "MAP" thing, that's not actually relevant at all, nobody is defending teaching that to children.

I didn't say it was being taught to kids.  I'm saying that the idea that "they are coming for your kids" is an idea that has gained legitimacy because of people who say stuff like that out in the public sphere.  The great thing about society is that everyone, no matter how marginalized, has a megaphone.  The worst thing about it also is that everyone has a megaphone.

I'm not necessarily talking about giving kids a "family and gender 101" lesson, I'm talking about the article TR posted where a teacher showed a film featuring an openly gay character and was reported for it. You think they would do that for a movie featuring a cishet couple?

QuoteProbably because some of the same people advocated hard for LGBTQ+ causes also advocate for MAP as something else to add to that umbrella.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2022/08/prison-sex-therapist-defends-pedophiles-as-minor-attracted-persons-outraging-victim-advocates.html

some things you can't act on but nobody should be hated for any sexual proclivity

not even ted bundy if he never acted on it

everything in lgbtq+ is about consenting ADULTS and there's no substatial push to add people into minors into the fold

if anything i think there's hysteria against any attraction unless the person looks at least 30

and either millions of years of evolution suddenly disappeared in the last 30 or so or a lot of heterosexual men are lying about what pleases their eyes

big tits in a bikini bouncing around at the beach - your brain doesn't think i wonder if she can buy whiskey yet it's just like damn

that's the way it is and that's the way it's going to stay no matter how hard people try to pretend it ain't so