Just experienced a total music coincidence!

I saw a live video in my social media feed of Prodigy performing "Fuel My Fire," the album-closer from Fat of the Land.

I thought, "you know, the song is structured almost identically to L7's "Riding with a Movie Star." I remembered the song from an industrial/grunge metal mixtape someone made me back in high school.

So I Googled it. Lo and behold, "Fuel My Fire" was originally written and performed by L7. And not only that, it's from the same LP as "Riding with a Movie Star!"

Crazy!

(I'm like this all the time.)

Was listening to this tune again today. A steady drum and bass rhythm. The keys noodle the verses and the horns lay down the choruses. The keys solo at 2:14 until 3:15 is quite dirty.

Paolo Zavallone ‎– Papillon Rouge (1975)

:laughing:

This song man, makes no sense when MAGA hat wearers don't like black people.

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Apr 23, 2024, 07:54 PM

This song man, makes no sense when MAGA hat wearers don't like black people.

Is this song sarcastic?

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Quote from: Janszoon on Apr 23, 2024, 09:09 PMIs this song sarcastic?

Nope I found other black maga rap songs while looking for the extended version of one that I found posted on X recently.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Apr 23, 2024, 11:16 PMNope I found other black maga rap songs while looking for the extended version of one that I found posted on X recently.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

#519 Apr 25, 2024, 05:37 PM Last Edit: Apr 25, 2024, 05:40 PM by DJChameleon

I saw this clip on IG and had to find the full video. Now I'm a Camilla fan.

Full video is so weird and trying to be random but I like some of the concepts. Getting beer poured out of a gas station pump.  :love:

Also as many times as I have listened to this song. I can't understand what Playboi Carti is saying. Grrrrr mumble rap

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Country_Disco

He's here, he's queer and he's made a great album.

If you like catchy pop or disco or synthpop or just want to feel good and happy then get this. It is really good.

Only God knows.

#521 Apr 28, 2024, 11:32 AM Last Edit: Apr 30, 2024, 05:46 PM by Guybrush
Enjoying some nostalgia

And also revisited Missing Persons. I like this one:

Happiness is a warm manatee

^ I don't know anything about XTC really, but that was still not at all what I expected. Nice.

Quote from: Guybrush on Apr 28, 2024, 11:32 AMAnd also revisited Missing Persons. I like this one:

^ Of recently posted songs here, I liked this one best ! It made a refreshing change from the music I've been listening to recently, which I'm going to call Folk Fusion until someone calls me out on it: stuff like:-

What you desire is of lesser value than what you have found.

Quote from: Lisnaholic on Apr 30, 2024, 04:39 PM^ I don't know anything about XTC really, but that was still not at all what I expected. Nice.

If you've never heard their Skylarking record, it's 45 minutes very well spent. @Guybrush will back me up on that.  :)