How do you pronounce Dua Lipa?

Seriously, it's killing me.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Dua like Jew-ah and Lipa like leep-ah 😂

Jew-ah leep-ah? That's not what I was expecting at all!

Quote from: Janszoon on Feb 15, 2024, 09:34 PMJew-ah leep-ah? That's not what I was expecting at all!

Yeah that's how I pronounce it, there's no difference in my accent of dew-ah/jew-ah so not sure if that's how it's pronounced over where you are 🙈

It's Doo-a like Scooby Doo.

She's told me this herself.

Obviously Leep-a like a leap year 🏃

She also answers it here:

She also shows her feet, if you're one of them guys.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Feb 15, 2024, 09:50 PMIt's Doo-a like Scooby Doo.

She's told me this herself.

Obviously Leep-a like a leap year 🏃

She also answers it here:

She also shows her feet, if you're one of them guys.

😂😂 damn I've been pronouncing it wrong then. I swear everyone here says Jew-ah but we can't pronounce Karl either so there's that.

Wow, I get it now.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: FETCHER. on Feb 15, 2024, 10:58 PM😂😂 damn I've been pronouncing it wrong then. I swear everyone here says Jew-ah but we can't pronounce Karl either so there's that.

:laughing:  How do you pronounce Karl?

Quote from: FETCHER. on Feb 15, 2024, 10:58 PM😂😂 damn I've been pronouncing it wrong then. I swear everyone here says Jew-ah but we can't pronounce Karl either so there's that.

Do you say Carroll for Karl?

Only God knows.

Quote from: Guybrush on Feb 15, 2024, 10:59 PMWow, I get it now.

I assume you mean, you get why I'm obsessed with her?  8)

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Feb 15, 2024, 11:06 PMI assume you mean, you get why I'm obsessed with her?  8)

Yes. She is wonderful 👌

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Janszoon on Feb 15, 2024, 11:04 PM:laughing:  How do you pronounce Karl?

Yeah Jimmy's right, it's pronounced like the ladies name Carol 😂. There is not a single Scottish person that can say the male name Karl 🫣

Edit: I thought you were making a statement not asking a question sorry Jimmy. Yes like Carol, if I try an English accent and shout KAL I could probably get away with it

Quote from: FETCHER. on Feb 16, 2024, 12:03 AMYeah Jimmy's right, it's pronounced like the ladies name Carol 😂. There is not a single Scottish person that can say the male name Karl 🫣

Edit: I thought you were making a statement not asking a question sorry Jimmy. Yes like Carol, if I try an English accent and shout KAL I could probably get away with it

Yeah I was just asking but I could imagine it and was pretty sure that's how it'd sound. I think you are near Glasgow aren't you? I can imagine that heavy Glaswegian accent  8)

Only God knows.

Yeah I'm not too far from Glasgow, I have a similar accent to the Still Game cast but I'm not an old man 😂

https://twitter.com/shhon_
May 1st, 2024

Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence