I do have thoughts on the subject but I'm not at liberty to say.  Maybe we can do it in a SCIF if one of you could possibly set that up.

I love this entire subject. Even if it's complete BS or not, it has always fascinated me that their may be other life out there. Or maybe life right here on Earth, a new species we could never have comprehended. Either way I'm super excited as to where this all leads.

I do feel like taking it seriously, extraordinary claims need to be supported by extraordinary evidence. I've no problem believing that various UAPs (Unexplained Aerial Phenomena) might happen, but I don't wanna jump to conclusions about what causes them. There may be more parsimonious explanations than alien intelligence being behind them.

But it's a fun idea in any case 🙂 and maybe it's time for aliens again as they fell out of favor with popular culture a long time ago.

Happiness is a warm manatee

I think all the recent news reports, hearings, etc in the US of aliens/UFOs is a national government shit-test, to see how gullible the population is and what they can get us to believe without any real evidence.

Quote from: Thelonious Monkey on Jul 31, 2023, 03:14 AMI love this entire subject. Even if it's complete BS or not, it has always fascinated me that their may be other life out there. Or maybe life right here on Earth, a new species we could never have comprehended. Either way I'm super excited as to where this all leads.

There's going to be plenty of shit in the oceans that we haven't found yet. Once we can go to the bottom and explore comfortably we're gonna find a shit load of new species. Some of the shit we've already found at the deepest parts we've been to are like weird goblin aliens that have adapted to live down there.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/gallery/2022/jul/26/newly-discovered-deep-sea-species-in-pictures

Only God knows.

Quote from: degrassi.knoll on Jul 29, 2023, 12:18 AMIt'll never be announced - if I've learned anything from X Files it's that mankind cannot be trusted with the truth.

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

Don't be scared, if they wanted to hurt us they would have done it a long time ago and wouldn't give us such pretty crop circles. No need to fear outsiders.

I don't believe they have interacted with us, exactly. I believe they just like to hover above us being mysterious. Giving us pretty little crop circles.

I don't think they helped us build the pyramids. Helping us do such grand things would be very cruel, it would make all of our grand achievements meaningless. If every civilization in the universe needed help to do grand things nobody would ever get their civilization off the ground.

I don't think they are cruel.

The anal probing I'm quite sure is a "Calm down we're just fucking with you you're fine."

Mutilating livestock to me implies they know something about death and that no matter what everyone is fine. Another "Calm down I'm just fucking with you."

I do not believe in evil shapeshifting reptilians. The concept of an entire race only wanting to eat our negative energy is absurd to me.

I don't think the outside universe is a threatening place. I think we live in a world of fear and hatred and any race advanced enough to get here has evolved past these feelings.

I was mocked on the David Icke message board for not believing in shapeshifting reptilians like it was the most absurd thing I could possibly think. It's a crazy magical land where everything is backwards.

I'm sorry triple post but this is kinda a separate thought.

Bare with me here, this is where my beliefs get a little loony.

I believe the fact that in all of the grand total of infinity stars in the universe, the fact that they knew just where to look for us implies they know a little something about creation.

I believe the more advanced you are the more in line with God you are. I know you may be thinking my talk of aliens and God implies I live in a world of magical fantasy, I assure you my conception of God is very reasonable. You will be getting a handful of my essays eventually.

I know God when I see it and their crop circles are God.

Crop circles are a hoax. We know pretty well how it started and how they are done.

Quote from: grindy on Jan 29, 2024, 07:12 AMCrop circles are a hoax. We know pretty well how it started and how they are done.

Let's take a look at some of the skill and detail that goes into creating crop circles.

1. The level of detail implies to me that this could only be done from above. 2. If a person actually had this level of skill, they would have to be the most fucked up kind of person to only apply this skill to fucking with us, they would have bigger things in mind. Either this person just travels the world doing this and only this every moment of his life or there are a ridiculous number of these people all over the world and they all have this level of skill and they all just want to fuck with us. They get together in a group and decide this is the particular aesthetic choice we will be using, we must all be unified, we must all look like the same person doing this art. 3. Small amounts of radiation can be detected at the site of crop circles.

I saw a documentary about a crew faking crop circles. It really was impressive what you can do with planks and rope. They made like a language and put a lot of thought into their designs. Then people they fooled were like "only an alien spacecraft could bend straw like this". Yeah, spacecraft or, you know, someone stepping on a plank apparently.

Like @grindy writes, the thing we definitely know about crop circles is people make them. They work hard at making them as mysterious as possible and frankly, they can become very good at it.

By Occam's razoring, you can dismiss an alien explanation for this. And if aliens wanted to communicate, why the hell crop circles? There are much better ways than bothering farmers.

Happiness is a warm manatee

It's just the beauty of geometry. You can do insanely complex stuff with a compass and ruler. You'd never believe those simple tools are the source of such beautiful artworks. And creating a scale drawing of something and then recreating the steps with a bigger ruler and compass, e.g. planks and rope, is not a particularly complicated process. It's a meme and I'd even say an art form at this point, so obviously tons of people are doing it. We know how it's done (as tore said, there's plenty of video of people creating those) and we often know who does it, since people have been caught doing it or admitted it themselves.