Quote from: robhr on Jan 28, 2024, 10:24 PMI'm sorry, that came across with pomposity. I don't mean to say I am observing objectively and you subjectively, we are both right.

Don't worry, I didn't mind. We just have different perspectives and Russian art and its mood are very dear to me.

Quote from: grindy on Jan 28, 2024, 10:28 PMDon't worry, I didn't mind. We just have different perspectives and Russian art and its mood are very dear to me.

Okay good. It is the art and the mood that I admire myself. I just enjoy watching the sadness but I can see how you would not, having to deal with it on a daily basis. I will give you this: I gently mock and judge the sadness myself, but I do find it to be a beautiful thing to observe. I don't mind the pompous pessimism.

Russian women 🔥

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Jan 28, 2024, 10:36 PMRussian women 🔥

Certainly beats Russian men.

Not Grindy ofc, just generally speaking.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Guybrush on Jan 28, 2024, 11:41 PMCertainly beats Russian men.

Not Grindy ofc, just generally speaking.

I don't think he's Russian. Always had him down as a Ukrainian lad.

Big G am I right @grindy

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Jan 28, 2024, 11:44 PMI don't think he's Russian. Always had him down as a Ukrainian lad.

Big G am I right @grindy

I was born in Ukraine during Soviet times and I only speak Russian, no Ukrainian at all. I usually say that I'm Ukrainian but I also don't really mind being called Russian.The cultures are extremely similar anyway.

Quote from: grindy on Jan 29, 2024, 07:07 AMI was born in Ukraine during Soviet times and I only speak Russian, no Ukrainian at all. I usually say that I'm Ukrainian but I also don't really mind being called Russian.The cultures are extremely similar anyway.

Regarding this, that's interesting.

Is it a common attitude for those born during the Soviet Union? The closest thing I can think of is if the UK broke up, you wouldn't get a Scotsman, Welshman or Ulsterman born during UK times who only speaks English, who is OK with being called English. Well you might but basically no.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Feb 09, 2024, 12:26 AMRegarding this, that's interesting.

Is it a common attitude for those born during the Soviet Union? The closest thing I can think of is if the UK broke up, you wouldn't get a Scotsman, Welshman or Ulsterman born during UK times who only speaks English, who is OK with being called English. Well you might but basically no.

I think it's mostly just me really not giving a shit about nationality and not identifying myself through that lense.
I also assume that many Ukrainians who politically align with Russia prefer to be called Russian these days but that's certainly not the case for me.

Oops, didn't catch this. I know you don't mind, but sorry for getting it wrong still, @grindy. Especially with Russia and Ukraine being at war, it feels like a bit of a faux pas.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Guybrush on Feb 10, 2024, 09:07 AMOops, didn't catch this. I know you don't mind, but sorry for getting it wrong still, @grindy. Especially with Russia and Ukraine being at war, it feels like a bit of a faux pas.

Nah, it's really okay. Russians and Ukrainians are similar af and with this stupid war going on people suddenly start dividing themselves along arbitrary lines. So I'm all for not giving a shit about that.

It's a long way away but my cousin and I are starting to plan a trip to Japan possibly for spring 2026 🎉

Quote from: FETCHER. on Apr 07, 2024, 12:49 PMIt's a long way away but my cousin and I are starting to plan a trip to Japan possibly for spring 2026 🎉

Yeah same I'm planning a group trip with a couple of friends, I think it's supposed to be six of us in total but it's for spring 2027.

I even told them if you aren't able to save for this trip and go with me Spring 2027 when it's so far out. You will no longer be considered my friend. Way too irresponsible if you can't save up for a trip that's three years out. lol

I was this cool the whole time.