Very good point fully agree.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Jul 17, 2023, 08:49 PMGuys if you're really suffering in the heat, you can put your feet in a bowl or bucket of cold water. It really works! I did it when we hit 40c last summer. It was a relief.

It can be difficult to do it right though so remember to post pics if you do it and I can let you know if it's good or not.  :)

I see what you're doing, asking for footage like you're Quentin Tarantino.

You hornay for feet!!

Happiness is a warm manatee

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/terrifying-heat-maps-show-52c-30494531

QuoteTerrifying heat maps show 52C Europe inferno - when will it hit UK?

With records for hottest temperatures recorded in Europe set to be broken within days due to Cerberus heatwave, forecasters and meteorologists are divided on how it'll impact the UK weather forecast

QuoteThe expert added it is unlikely to get significantly warmer in August in the UK. Temperatures typically average at around 20C in the country in August, a figure eclipsed by the monster 50C largely expected across Europe. Santé Publique France (SPF the French public health agency) estimated that heat is responsible for between 1,000 and 7,000 deaths annually, though this figure may rise in 2023 due to largely unprecented conditions.

So according to this, we won't sizzle in our Kingdom but southern Europe is going to suffer. It's already reached 47c in Spain during this heatwave. 50c is concerning.

Only God knows.

It's much colder here now, during our vacation, than it was in June. It's slightly annoying. Couldn't we at least get some of that southern european heat up here?

Thanks a lot, nature.

The weather be really weird right now in the UK. Nothing that a good cup of tea hasn't solved .  8)

Quote from: Thelonious Monkey on Jul 31, 2023, 03:31 AMThe weather be really weird right now in the UK. Nothing that a good cup of tea hasn't solved .  8)

August is supposed to be hot. July has been fucking great imo.

Do you remember when it was 40c for a couple of days last summer? I never want to experience that again.

Only God knows.

Well hopefully that was it for the hot and sticky weather. Our glorious Kingdom has been suffering for the past week or so with a September heatwave.

Tomorrow is supposed to be the first day the temperatures drop and it becomes cooler.

Thank you @Jesus 🙏

Only God knows.

https://x.com/mindys_stuff_
May 9th, 2024

Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence

Uh... so... I just realized I live in an actual house with a driveway now. And fall is coming. Well crud.

Wish me luck friends.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Sep 24, 2023, 11:16 PMUh... so... I just realized I live in an actual house with a driveway now. And fall is coming. Well crud.

Wish me luck friends.

Invest in a snow blower thank me later.

Oh you meant with clearing the leaves in fall time well leaf blower works too. Don't use a rake.

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Sep 25, 2023, 12:08 AMInvest in a snow blower thank me later.

Oh you meant with clearing the leaves in fall time well leaf blower works too. Don't use a rake.

Y'know, I'd been living in my previous apartment, never having to think about it for so long that I forgot leaf blowers are a thing lmao. And we do have one, I literally pass by the box every time I tidy the garage and I never took note of what that box was for, lol.

Snow, well, that's a bridge I'll cross when I come to it.

Thank you for the advice! I'll get the hang of this whole full time homemaker thing in due time.

first day here where it's cold

May 9th, 2024

Big fan of the Internet

May 9th, 2024

Big fan of the Internet

It's been cold here as well. We've had snow for a while, but it's been wet and sloppy.

Now the temperature is a little below zero and the ice on our porch stays put.

Bizarrely (or perhaps not, Wisconsin weather is always wild lol) we've been having sunny 60 degree weather for the past couple days. Today is a high of 63 and it's been absolutely lovely.

Knowing this place for the past 34 years I'm sure I'll wake up to a white yard very shortly.