Well because of this whole fiasco I now know about a website called IQAir.

Just drop in your city and you get the air quality number. So Tuesday at its worse the air quality was 176 and this morning when I went for my walk it was 4. Huge improvement! This weekend it's going up to 50 but that's no biggie.

I was this cool the whole time.

It did get coverage right after my previous post.

https://www-nrk-no.translate.goog/urix/farlig-luft-1.16437103?_x_tr_sl=no&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp

The pictures are interesting. Some of them are kinda post-apocalyptic.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Me and the lads this evening:

Only God knows.

Oh god please not 40 degrees

People should be very concerned if they aren't already.

40c is absolutely outrageous for here.

I saw some Tory on Twitter say it is just a few days of sunshine and alarmist crap because "come December it'll be freezing" and I wanted to smash my phone to pieces.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Jul 05, 2023, 10:08 PMPeople should be very concerned if they aren't already.

40c is absolutely outrageous for here.

I saw some Tory on Twitter say it is just a few days of sunshine and alarmist crap because "come December it'll be freezing" and I wanted to smash my phone to pieces.

It's a mere 33C here.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

14C and rain here currently.

Forecast predicts up to 16 tomorrow, so that's good.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Nine week heatwave coming, apparently:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/weather/topstories/britain-set-to-bask-in-blistering-nine-week-heatwave-with-blazing-hot-sunshine-until-late-september/ar-AA1dTSlg?cvid=8366c086df7a4221a9faab55110e086a&ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&ei=6

QuoteBritain is warming up for a late summer scorcher with the deadly Cerberus heatwave threatening to flick a tail of fire across the nation.

The killer Saharan heat surge, named after the terrifying mythological monster guarding the gates to Hell, is set to turn its gaze towards the UK in the coming weeks.

Alarm bells have sounded for rocketing temperatures next month to kick start a freak two-month autumn heatwave.

But this weekend, as 45C blazing sunshine melts tourists on the Continent, wind and rain is dampening spirits at home.

The miserable UK weather is expected to continue through the rest of this month before thermometers goes stratospheric.

For goodness sake.

Only God knows.

everyone here I know in other states has been saying its hot outside, it's hot here but nothing wild

https://twitter.com/shhon_
May 1st, 2024

Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence

Quote from: Mindy on Jul 15, 2023, 05:24 PMeveryone here I know in other states has been saying its hot outside, it's hot here but nothing wild

I feel like the wild part is how much sooner it happened. Yes people expect heat during the summer but these temperatures usually happen the last two weeks of July and first two weeks of August. They started up way earlier than they normally do.

Also the extreme rainfall and flooding that keeps occuring.

I was this cool the whole time.

Climate change deniers are really starting to annoy me. It's not so much that they're sceptical or don't believe there is a problem, it's more to do with their reasoning and refusal to accept hard evidence.

There are plenty who think it's fine because it's nice and cool in the UK now or it will be cold in winter. "Spain/Turkey/Greece are hot, so what?" They simply do not understand what the problem is. They think it's all a big plot by the mainstream media and we're being lied to.

Only God knows.

Guys if you're really suffering in the heat, you can put your feet in a bowl or bucket of cold water. It really works! I did it when we hit 40c last summer. It was a relief.

It can be difficult to do it right though so remember to post pics if you do it and I can let you know if it's good or not.  :)

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Jul 17, 2023, 08:46 PMClimate change deniers are really starting to annoy me. It's not so much that they're sceptical or don't believe there is a problem, it's more to do with their reasoning and refusal to accept hard evidence.

There are plenty who think it's fine because it's nice and cool in the UK now or it will be cold in winter. "Spain/Turkey/Greece are hot, so what?" They simply do not understand what the problem is. They think it's all a big plot by the mainstream media and we're being lied to.

I think a huge PR mistake that has been made by environmentalists over the years (and I'm one of them) has been to talk in terms of "saving the planet". Most people are selfish and shallow, so they don't care about saving things that they think don't directly involve them. The fact is that the Earth doesn't give a fuck. It will continue to exist without us. Addressing environmental issues is about saving ourselves. Maybe if these denialist dipshits had gotten that message earlier, their sense of self-preservation would have gotten them on board with trying to fix it.

This is what you want. This is what you get.