Quote from: DJChameleon on May 21, 2023, 02:23 AMWhat plants are you planting this time around? I should make a gardening thread. So I was premature and started our garden a tad bit early and ended up dying on us because we didn't have a proper set up for outside yet to transplant our seedlings to.

I have tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, cannabis, and a wide variety of flowers. The tomatoes, peppers, and cannabis were started indoors at the beginning of April. I wait until mid-may to the beginning of June to plant my cucumber and flower seeds. I live in zone 6 on the U.S. growing zone map.

Quote from: Psy-Fi on May 21, 2023, 01:24 PMI have tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, cannabis, and a wide variety of flowers. The tomatoes, peppers, and cannabis were started indoors at the beginning of April. I wait until mid-may to the beginning of June to plant my cucumber and flower seeds. I live in zone 6 on the U.S. growing zone map.

I'm in Zone 6 as well and we started ours indoors at the end of April but we didn't follow through and transfer them in time or move them to a better area and they started to die off in the 36 plant seeder thing we had them in. They were placed under an artificial light source and we watered them but they passed away. So we are starting from scratch again but waiting until we have mini pots to transfer them to and all to build up our fence that's going to be around our raised bed. I mentioned the flowers we planted in the other thread in case you were curious.

I was this cool the whole time.

Anyone here affected by the Canadian wildfires? Whatever you do, stay SAFE and don't go outside other than to take some pics of the smoke and shit for this thread.

@DJChameleon @jadis @Mrs. Waffles @Janszoon I think you lot are all in or around places not too far from Canada.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Jun 07, 2023, 07:25 PMAnyone here affected by the Canadian wildfires? Whatever you do, stay SAFE and don't go outside other than to take some pics of the smoke and shit for this thread.

@DJChameleon @jadis @Mrs. Waffles @Janszoon I think you lot are all in or around places not too far from Canada.

I was driving through Connecticut, NYC, and New Jersey yesterday and the skies were brown and you could smell the smoke. Crazy shit!

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Quote from: Janszoon on Jun 07, 2023, 07:30 PMI was driving through Connecticut, NYC, and New Jersey yesterday and the skies were brown and you could smell the smoke. Crazy shit!

It looks mad. I have a friend who lives in New York, she just took a pic from her office and she said the street lights have came on because it is so dark.

Being serious about pics BTW if anyone has any.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Jun 07, 2023, 07:25 PMAnyone here affected by the Canadian wildfires? Whatever you do, stay SAFE and don't go outside other than to take some pics of the smoke and shit for this thread.

I'm in a different corner of the globe these days but my mom mentioned today on whatsapp that the air in Montreal is awful

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

Not seeing any visible smoke where I am, but I'm heading home from work right now and I can definitely smell and feel it in the air.

And don't worry about me, I almost never leave the house even when not in a weather emergency, lol.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

#22 Jun 07, 2023, 09:36 PM Last Edit: Jun 09, 2023, 01:01 AM by Mindy
Quote from: Janszoon on Jun 07, 2023, 07:30 PMI was driving through Connecticut, NYC, and New Jersey yesterday and the skies were brown and you could smell the smoke. Crazy shit!
Im in Connecticut, it's grey sky here

https://twitter.com/shhon_
May 1st, 2024

Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence

There's almost no coverage of these Canadian fires here. Sounds crazy, though.

Happiness is a warm manatee

#24 Jun 08, 2023, 07:42 PM Last Edit: Jun 08, 2023, 07:51 PM by DJChameleon
I took one picture and every time I went outside I made sure to mask up. It's funny how we used to put on masks before entering a building and now I was putting on my mask after exiting the building.

I would take it off once I'm inside a place.

One morning when I went for a walk I thought it would be okay to walk mask less because it didn't look that bad but my nose was irritated so I went back to wearing my mask again for the rest of the 20 min walk.

There were times when it looked like a scene straight out of MadMax.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Jun 08, 2023, 07:42 PMI took one picture and every time I went outside I made sure to mask up. It's funny how we used to put on masks before entering a building and now I was putting on my mask after exiting the building.

I would take it off once I'm inside a place.

One morning when I went for a walk I thought it would be okay to walk mask less because it didn't look that bad but my nose was irritated so I went back to wearing my mask again for the rest of the 20 min walk.

There were times when it looked like a scene straight out of MadMax.

I was thinking the same thing about the masks! :laughing:

I walked to the grocery store this morning and wore a mask because the air quality was apparently "hazardous". It isn't too apocalyptic looking here, but it is noticeably hazy and you can smell the smoke.

Is it better today or worse?

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Jun 08, 2023, 10:03 PMIs it better today or worse?

Where I am (south of DJ I believe) it's worse today than yesterday.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Jun 08, 2023, 10:03 PMIs it better today or worse?

It is better for me today but like Jans said I'm north of where he is. I wad able to walk outside without needing a mask and the smell is gone.