Spring is springing over here. First day where I felt the sun really caress my skin with it's glorious warmth and goodness.

What's it like where you are?

Pics very welcome.

Wrap up warm or stay cool, whatever applies.

Only God knows.

Definitely spring here and the cherry trees are looking great.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Still some snow here, but it'll be gone soon and then I hope we're done with winter. The trees are budding and some of the early flowers (Crocus and snowdrop) have bloomed.

I had my first ocean dip of the year yesterday on a remote-ish beach where we went with my parents and my sister and her kids. It was actually a pretty warm day, about 8 degrees Celsius and very nice sun. We had coffee, a bonfire and grilled some burgers and hotdogs. The water was cold, but the dip was actually very refreshing and pleasant.

Happiness is a warm manatee

It's getting a little spring-y but there's still snow on the ground and more coming in a couple days.

Then we usually have one last blizzard in May.

Yesterday. Looks like the whole Bank Holiday weekend will be the same. Temperature is not high so it can be a little bit chilly but we're warming up  8)

Only God knows.

No snow left here but it can still get below freezing in the early morning hours. It'll be another 3 to 4 weeks before I can put my plants outside.

Quite a bit of snow here still and was snowing a couple of days ago. Seems a cold spring so far. My guess is it'll flip around towards the end of the month and get nice and toasty for early may.

Yo, 84 degrees (29 C) is way too fucking hot for April. Whoever is in charge of weather deployment in my region needs a stern talking to from management. Don't make me come up there.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Quote from: Janszoon on Apr 12, 2023, 09:54 PMYo, 84 degrees (29 C) is way too fucking hot for April. Whoever is in charge of weather deployment in my region needs a stern talking to from management. Don't make me come up there.

Tell me about it, we've got 82 up here in Wisconsin. Seems like it's trying to make up for the last big 10 inch snow dump and going way too far in the other direction, haha.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Janszoon on Apr 12, 2023, 09:54 PMYo, 84 degrees (29 C) is way too fucking hot for April. Whoever is in charge of weather deployment in my region needs a stern talking to from management. Don't make me come up there.

Holy shit. Let's trade places.

Norway is aaaight, but what I'd really like is to be stuck on some tropical island for a year. With my fam, of course.

Was pretty hot today. Cool evening, can hear a party going on in the street next to me so it is feeling summery now.

Trance music and girls screaming and cheering.

Only God knows.

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Apr 12, 2023, 10:20 PMTell me about it, we've got 82 up here in Wisconsin. Seems like it's trying to make up for the last big 10 inch snow dump and going way too far in the other direction, haha.

Since speaking to my friend who lives in Madison it seems that Wisconsin gets extremes of weather. Very, very hot and very, very cold. I dunno why but it surprised me.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on May 21, 2023, 02:03 AMSince speaking to my friend who lives in Madison it seems that Wisconsin gets extremes of weather. Very, very hot and very, very cold. I dunno why but it surprised me.

It's certainly been the case for a while. It's also very unpredictable; I can remember two times when it snowed here in early May, and this year we had 2 days in the 80s followed immediately by a 10 inch snowfall.

Our summers haven't been that bad lately heat wise. One crazy weather event we had was a week or two of almost non-stop rain back in the summer of 2018.

When you look back on it like that Madison weather really does feel kind of chaotic, haha.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Haven't had any proper snow for about five years now.

I was watching tutorials on YouTube on how to build an igloo and I'd like to give it a try now but we've had no fucking snow.

Maybe this coming winter.

Only God knows.

Quote from: Psy-Fi on Apr 09, 2023, 01:13 PMNo snow left here but it can still get below freezing in the early morning hours. It'll be another 3 to 4 weeks before I can put my plants outside.

What plants are you planting this time around? I should make a gardening thread. So I was premature and started our garden a tad bit early and ended up dying on us because we didn't have a proper set up for outside yet to transplant our seedlings to.

I was this cool the whole time.