Quote from: Trollheart on Apr 29, 2023, 10:29 PMNah I don't give a toss. They're annoying me and anyway, there's no law against it. Anyone sign an NDA while over there? Me neither.

I'm toying with the idea of bringing the Album Club over here. Almost everyone who's in it is here anyway, and I'm not completely severing ties with them but I see this as one of the few reasons for me to keep going over there. If it was here, maybe I would have less reason to even bother. I don't know: what do you think? We could also maybe get new members from here.

I've been thinking about this too actually, funny you should bring it up. Not sure if he'd be interested, but Toy Revolver's opinions on the albums we nominate would be a blast. Maybe Mrs. Waffles would want to get involved?

I think I vote yes. I think the only one currently active in the MB Album club who's really not that active here is DJ.

i like to discuss music but i don't like those vote for which record games

I suppose I could give it a shot! It's just voting on an album and then reviewing the one that is picked, correct?

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

oh just someone picks the record and we all write reviews

those are fun 🤩

#34 Apr 29, 2023, 11:19 PM Last Edit: Apr 29, 2023, 11:22 PM by SGR
Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Apr 29, 2023, 11:01 PMI suppose I could give it a shot! It's just voting on an album and then reviewing the one that is picked, correct?

Right, what we've been doing is giving users two weeks to review an album. You can say as much or as little as you like about it. Then, generally, you give it a score from 1 to 10. Contributors are encouraged to nominate their own albums once they've shown they're willing to stick around for a bit (we had Batlord join the album club just to nominate his own album, after which, he contributed nothing further - he couldn't even be bothered to review his own album). When you nominate a record, it gets added to the end of the queue that we currently have of albums, and eventually, it'll be up for review.

I think I speak for all the members when I say we'd absolutely love to have Mrs. Waffles and Toy as contributors - and everyone else here that might be interested in it! The more members, the better, I say! (as long as you're not gonna make me listen to sappy sad-sack indie or folk rock...;) )

Quote from: SGR on Apr 29, 2023, 11:19 PMRight, what we've been doing is giving users two weeks to review an album. You can say as much or as little as you like about it. Then, generally, you give it a score from 1 to 10. Contributors are encouraged to nominate their own albums once they've shown they're willing to stick around for a bit (we had Batlord join the album club just to nominate his own album, after which, he contributed nothing further - he couldn't even be bothered to review his own album).

Okay, sounds good! I'll be down to join whenever you start.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Alright Trolls, you heard the lady.

I now change my "I think I vote to move it here" to a wholehearted "COME ON TROLLS, WHUDDAYA WAITIN' FOR?"  :beer:

You should just be shameless about it - make a post in the MB thread and say you're moving it here because MB is dead. And then drop the link for anyone who cares.

I'm with SGR. And I wanna review some gnarly ass albums.

Bring it on!!

Happiness is a warm manatee

I'm a-gonna do it. Watch this space. To be fair, I want to contact DJ by PM to give him the SP. Sorry, I just had to use another acronym, too funny. No, I want to let him know, as it's not his fault this is happening and he may want to join us, or not, but he only came onboard recently so it's only fair to give him a heads-up.
It'll take a while, unless Tore knows any way to port the whole thing over, as I'll have to move all the reviews - oh wait, I can't do that, only mine. Hmm. Do we start again then? That's a bit of a stumbling block. Any ideas?

Quote from: Trollheart on Apr 30, 2023, 03:51 AMI'm a-gonna do it. Watch this space. To be fair, I want to contact DJ by PM to give him the SP. Sorry, I just had to use another acronym, too funny. No, I want to let him know, as it's not his fault this is happening and he may want to join us, or not, but he only came onboard recently so it's only fair to give him a heads-up.
It'll take a while, unless Tore knows any way to port the whole thing over, as I'll have to move all the reviews - oh wait, I can't do that, only mine. Hmm. Do we start again then? That's a bit of a stumbling block. Any ideas?

Unfortunately, restarting here is probably the tidiest option. 🤔

Happiness is a warm manatee

Yeah I think maybe we have to do that. As we have a new album started maybe go from this one and park the MB one with a notice? Still want to talk to DJ though.