I love man smell. Natural body odor turns me on, but of course there are exceptions.

"She paints, she reads, she lights things on fire."

Quote from: tristan_geoff on Jan 24, 2024, 05:36 PMcorrect me if I'm doing or saying wrong but I recently discontinued using deodorant altogether.  I started doing this after both taking into account that the active ingredient in my deodorant was aluminum (a metal going into ur body hmm) and the fact that the deodorant companies literally had to once persuade the general public that body odor was undesirable and that we needed deodorant.  idk if I've got all the facts right but I haven't gotten any complaints or funny looks yet so idk.  I shower every other day cause it'll dry the fuck out of your skin to do so daily or even multiple times a day like some do.

So in recent years this has become common knowledge that aluminum is pretty harmful so most deodorant companies have been pushing for aluminum free deodorant alternatives and there are companies like Native that have more natural deodorants look into those.

Quote from: Hope on Jan 24, 2024, 06:11 PMI love man smell. Natural body odor turns me on, but of course there are exceptions.

I like natural body scent as well. When my ex came home from the gym. I loved it so much. She was always like get off of me I need to shower but I would be hugged up on her to get that scent.

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Jan 24, 2024, 08:10 PMI like natural body scent as well. When my ex came home from the gym. I loved it so much. She was always like get off of me I need to shower but I would be hugged up on her to get that scent.

I totally get that.

"She paints, she reads, she lights things on fire."

Quote from: tristan_geoff on Jan 24, 2024, 05:36 PMcorrect me if I'm doing or saying wrong but I recently discontinued using deodorant altogether.  I started doing this after both taking into account that the active ingredient in my deodorant was aluminum (a metal going into ur body hmm) and the fact that the deodorant companies literally had to once persuade the general public that body odor was undesirable and that we needed deodorant.  idk if I've got all the facts right but I haven't gotten any complaints or funny looks yet so idk.  I shower every other day cause it'll dry the fuck out of your skin to do so daily or even multiple times a day like some do.

I know that the Old Spice deodorant doesn't have any aluminium in it. I use it. Just the regular roll-on deodorant.

Fresh sweat shouldn't smell so as long as you do shower regularly you'll be OK unless you have some health conditions or things that could change this. It's not for me though.

Only God knows.

I get stressed if my pits aren't lathered in deodorant, so it's not for me. I don't know if aluminium in deodorant is a significant enough health risk to be worth concern (seemed inconclusive last time I checked), but I get wanting to protect oneself from harmful stuff.

Happiness is a warm manatee

#110 Jan 26, 2024, 12:56 AM Last Edit: Jan 26, 2024, 12:59 AM by Mrs. Waffles
Interesting. There have been days when people have said I smelled nice when I forgot to put on deodorant, so I'm not even sure how much it does for me to be honest. I also put on perfume most days and use scented body lotion frequently so maybe that stuff does the heavy lifting and I don't need deodorant as much as I think I do.

And @Hope, yes, absolutely same. I find Aaron's man musk to be powerfully attractive.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Definitely noticing a trend of women who like smelly men.

Been like five or six now.

Even had one want my worn workout clothing.

I'm not judging.

I'm just saying.

Only God knows.

I dislike anything perfumed. It's disgusting.

#113 Jan 26, 2024, 05:04 PM Last Edit: Jan 26, 2024, 05:07 PM by Guybrush
Well. Today I heard The Guardian Science Weekly interview a Swedish researcher about the vaginal microbiome.

It was interesting. Having a background in biology and being generally interested in the topic, I am somewhat familiar with the broad strokes. Like when our daughter was born with a C-section in 2016, we got help with transferring to our newborn some of that vaginal microbiome that a cesarean baby would likely miss out on.

Anyways, these are two ladies talking. Researcher says that actually, the vaginal microbiome is influenced by the gut microbiome. Interviewer says wow, she never would have guessed that. Researcher doesn't address it. I'm like... Have you seen how close together nr. 1 and 2 are? There's no magic to this, only proximity and opportunity.

Anyways, it's supposed to be like that. Yes, nature wants your newborn to rub their face in your crotch/ass to get a taste. We need all these little bugs and I think we should probably be less squeamish. Like the worst thing you can do for your old Beaver and its little helpers is washing it with soap on the regular, this according to the researcher and also my wife who has been saying this for years. Just rince it with water and there's some oils one can use.

So, uh. Those are just my thoughts on the topic coming straight at ya from our bathtub.

Happiness is a warm manatee

I think your natural body scent differs depending on your diet as well.

If you constantly eat curry it seems like it seeps through your pores. So deodorant and cologne is necessary.

I did some light research on aluminum in antiperspirants.

QuoteSome proponents of aluminum-free products claim that aluminum prevents you from sweating out toxins that could potentially cause cancer.

But cancerous toxins aren't removed from the body through the axillary (underarm) lymph nodes. The kidneys and liver help remove these toxins from the body, and they're eventually expelled through the urine and feces.

Source

Quote from: DJChameleon on Jan 27, 2024, 05:47 PMI did some light research on aluminum in antiperspirants.

Source

Aluminium can be actually toxic but apparently using deodorant can't really lead to such high dosages being accumulated in the body anyway.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Jan 27, 2024, 09:42 AMI think your natural body scent differs depending on your diet as well.

If you constantly eat curry it seems like it seeps through your pores. So deodorant and cologne is necessary.

Who have you been hanging about with that constantly eats curry and as a result stinks of curry?

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Jan 27, 2024, 05:59 PMWho have you been hanging about with that constantly eats curry and as a result stinks of curry?

NYC yellow cab drivers